3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Disappointed with myself tonight (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/273666-disappointed-myself-tonight.html)

HungryHungryHippo 01-17-2013 11:01 PM

Disappointed with myself tonight

I'm having a problem with...well..drinking. For the first 6 months or more of weight loss, I only drank once or twice, because I know, when I drink, it lowers my inhibitions, and I overeat. So I allowed myself one glass of wine, on like two special occasions. Then, as I got closer to goal, I let myself have one glass of wine when I wanted--but I had to give up my evening fruit to balance the calories. Eventually, when I reached my original goal, I upped it to two glasses. Then, I let it be three, which is really fun. But a few nights I've had four--like Halloween, New Years, etc., and was a mess. So I'm working hard at reminding myself--even after I've had a few--that three IS my limit. One thing I've been hard and fast about, no matter what, is not eating extra after. Tonight, though, I came home and had what amounted to 4 extra cups of raw veggies. Calorie-wise, it's like 120 calories. Slippery-slope and not-in-control-wise--well...I'm about to hit "post" for accountability.

rnincharge 01-17-2013 11:11 PM

Sometimes we have to just avoid those things we love to stay in control. Buy only the one serving wine bottles and don't temp yourself with anything more. Congrats on only 3 glasses. I would have had the entire bottle! Don't be too hard on yourself-I MEAN you had veggies after!:)

novangel 01-17-2013 11:35 PM

If it will make you feel better I'm starting TOM, had a big plate of pot roast, didn't workout and now I'm laying in bed feeling like a bloated mess.

Don't beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day.

penmage 01-18-2013 01:14 AM

Don't beat yourself up over it. You learned from it. I second the suggestion of the single serving bottles. Might help you stick to your plan more easily. Either way, tomorrow is a new day!

Mozzy 01-18-2013 01:29 AM

Good for you for posting and holding yourself accountable!

HungryHungryHippo 01-19-2013 01:09 AM

Thank you guys so much, for the great suggestions and support!

Missy Krissy 01-19-2013 12:23 PM

We all overdo it sometimes. I'm not even going to tell you how much extra I ate yesterday when DH and I went out for a long-awaited date. Overeating veggies is way better for you than overeating fatty fried foods!

elvislover324 01-19-2013 12:29 PM

I think it's a hard transition for most of us to figure out how we can lead "normal" lives vs. dieting lives. I don't know how to fit in a drink (or 3!) to my diet so I don't. I'm not afraid of the calories from the drinks, I can figure that into my daily allotment. It's the munchies and previous lack of control that I am afraid of (Domino's Pizza on speed-dial at midnight anyone?).

Good for you for posting here and trying to figure this out. There are far worse things you could have done, so take a little comfort in that. :)