Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I just joined a gym a week back. I hadn't joined yet because I was scared what others might think. I was scared if I will make a complete fool of myself out there if I get tired within minutes when people are working out for hours.

But then I thought, at least people will see that I am taking some effort in loosing weight and not just sitting and cribbing about it. That said, I just went ahead and joined the gym.

I had imagined people of all shapes and sizes working out there. To my utter surprise (and disappointment ) I only saw only fit people working out there. Not a single slightly overweight person. But I had no other option as I had already enrolled. On the first day, I was very conscious about my jiggling belly and bouncy boobs. I could feel people staring at me. Thought of running away to prevent further embarrassment. But I did not. Because, I know I will show everyone of them when I lose weight.

I am 205 lbs. You are 147 lbs. You can show those guys soon. Just a month or a two and you will reach your goal weight!! That will be a tight slap to those jerks!! Think of it this way. The sooner you start, the sooner you can be an eye-opener for the likes of them!!

Go for it girl
appyfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

No need to feel embarresed! If you are at the gym at least you are doing something about it! If people want to be *******s let them, you can always throw it back in their face when you shrink more and more! I mean how can anyone expect anybody to get fit without working for it!?
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichole87 View Post
Last time I was at the gym there were 2 very fit guys thrre and they started making fun of my weight...talking about my belly giggeling....I left in tears and never returned...I also lost my motivation....butthis time is totlly different because I'm ot doingit for anyone but myself...maybe I will give the gym another thought...thanks for the encourgment
This is an opportunity to learn how valuable you are. Those people, if they can be called that, are insecure. Making fun of an individual who is struggling with their weight gives them a sense of power that they don't have otherwise, either because they lack self-esteem, they lack ambition, they lack education, a good job who knows. But the common denominator is that they are lacking something that they want and this lack of whatever affects them. They have to focus on others' problems so that no one targets them and finds out how insecure they are.

Think about it, do mature, secure, happy men make fun of women working out at the gym? No. who cares what these non-men think of you, let them laugh all they want.

I don't like small towns, but I say use this as an opportunity to overcome the mental/emotional obstacles, and learn about yourself and learn to value yourself.

I recently received some subtle insults on my weight from relatives, it is not easy to let it not bother you. But I said to myself, I am and will be the bigger person (no pun intended ). None of these people know the struggles I've had since childhood, they have no idea whatsoever of all that I have had to overcome to get to where I am now personally and professionally. None of these people have experienced the toll that moving so many times, between so many countries, cultures and languages in a short period of time can take on your health, mental and physical. But, I have been lucky to get all these opportunities while they haven't.'

So I continue to be the bigger person in response to their actions because I am kind, while looking at them from up here and continuing to succeed.

Last edited by happynottsgirl; 01-12-2013 at 05:13 AM.
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #19  
Proud Mom

S/C/G: 160/129/125

Height: 5'4

I am the same way when it's cold I have a hard time working out,.

I just blast my heat and do my zumba tho, power bill sucks tho lol.
pinkflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #20  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
my problem is more of being embarassed to go to the gym...i don't want ppl looking at me, or whispering...and i live in a small town where everyone knows everyone...ughh...so for me its not that i don't have the motivation...its more...i don't want people to see me exersize...totally stupid...i'm aware..lmao
I certainly understand.... because of a hip problem mostly what I can do is swim and water workouts, which means the pool. I have had to learn to swallow my pride and just keep in mind that at least I am out here trying to do something about my fat! I keep my big shirt on until the last possible moment and then just rip it off and jump in LOL.

Most of us who are fat are embarrassed about it. It just ends up boiling down to whether we want the weight off and to get in shape badly enough to do what it takes to get there. It's not easy but sometimes we just have to grit our teeth and do it.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #21  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Its about backing yourself up,even when you don't feel like it.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Last time I was at the gym there were 2 very fit guys thrre and they started making fun of my weight...talking about my belly giggeling....I left in tears and never returned...I also lost my motivation....butthis time is totlly different because I'm ot doingit for anyone but myself...maybe I will give the gym another thought...thanks for the encourgment
I am so sorry. People are so thoughtless sometimes.

I'm fortunate. At my anytime fitness, we have women all shapes and sizes. I never worry about it.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 156/150/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikel1979 View Post
And even if people do look at you or whisper about you, so what? Haters gonna hate. If you let them scare you away, they win. It's much more fun to prove them wrong..
I wouldn't go to a gym where that would happen to me. I cry to easy.
dosbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:35 AM   #24  

Height: 5'6"

I too am embarassed about going to a gym! I already have my gym membership, but it is a 6 month gift card. Once I get more physically able to workout, I will turn in my gift certificate. Not so much embarassed about being so fat, but more about not being able to do anything for any length of time!I'll have to drive 45 min to the gym all to work out for maybe 30 in in four hours time, screw that!
Nocturnica is offline   Reply With Quote