Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Default Pulling it back together before it all falls apart

July 5, 2012 I said, "THAT'S IT! I start today, I need to lose weight.!" I talked with my doctor, I saw a dietician. I checked in with the two them once a month. I have dilgently tracked my food and beverage consumption. I have paid attention to what works and what doesn't. I actively participated on the boards.

In Sept. hubby was diagnosised with prostate cancer. He had complications following the biopsy procedure. He was in ICU and recieved a blood transfusion. I stayed on plan despite the stress.

In December he underwent prostate removal surgery. The surgery went well and the doctors feel the cancer was contained and it was all removed. He was released from the hospital on Christmas Eve. I should have been greatful, and I was! But I was also miserable! It was the first Christmas Eve in my life that I didn't spend it with my mother and grandmother. I was taking care of hubby. (Not complaining, just stating a fact) It was also the first Christmas Eve that I was not with our Children. They were both spending Christmas Eve with their significant other's families. (Ok, now I might be complaining a little.) Christmas Day started with me waking up next to hubby in a basketball size pool of blood. Trip to the ER, pressure bandages and home we went. December 27th started the same way, same outcome. December 29th the pool of blood was in the recliner, not the bed. This time he was admitted. Another blood transfusion. Home on New Years Day. My son, his girlfriend and their son (OUR GRANDSON) moved 90 miles away (They were less than 1 mile away) They used hubby's pick up and trailer, the roads were icey they ended up on the side of the vehicle in the ditch. Our son had minor injuries, his girlfriend and our grandson were fine. THANKFULLY! However....in the chaos and havoc of holidays, travel and health issues I forgot to mail in the insurance premium...the insurance lapsed on Dec 29th. The company will reinstate us, but won't cover the accident.

OH YES....AND I QUIT SMOKING! Last cigarette was after my Thanksgiving meal!

With all of that going, I have progressively quit measuring portions and tracking what I eat. I did not gain any weight, in fact in the month of December I lost half a pound. HA! Hardly worth mentioning, but it was not a gain.

The purpose of this post is to RE-COMMIT myself to weighing and measuring my portions, tracking all my meals, counting calories, limiting carbs and eating enough protien. I also need to find time to exercise.

I need to get things back under control before they are completely out of control!!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

We can do this!
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #3  

So sorry to read all of that, Kate. What an adventure you have been through. I hope 2013 is your year, it's going to be mine (at least that is what I keep telling myself). It's one thing after another it seems.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your husband and prayers for you as his caretaker.

*hugs*
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

You actually lost a half pound when all this was going on? You must be superwoman!!

I am sorry to hear about your less than wonderful holiday season. Hope your DH is soon fully recovered.

You have done great. I started this most recent journey at the end of June and I have only lost 40lbs, and I gained about 1.5 over Christmas.

Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #5  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Holy moly. If you weathered all that, you are totally destined for success! Congrats. It can't be any tougher than what you did already ... sounds like your worst challenge might become boredom!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I seriously bow to your commitment to your healthy lifestyle. In spite of all that craziness you LOST half a dang pound. Now, THAT is impressive! Talk about stress I cannot even imagine. Great job! Seriously!!!

Great to come here and re-commit. I've re-committed several times in the journey even though I've never stopped losing, I've had ebbs and flows of more and less commitment. Sometimes I am totally half a$$ing it and I have to bring it back to the true effort that I need to get to where I want to be. I'm very inspired by your loss in the midst of that craziness PLUSSSSSS the holidays AND quitting smoking. You deserve a freaking award!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote