Day one!

• Ok guys, I'm starting day one of, yet again, another diet. The first day is the hardest for me because I can always "just start tomorrow." I really need some motivational/encouraging words from anyone to help me. Thank you in advance!
  • Hello! There is no tomorrow though, only today! That's what keeps me on track a lot of times. I had put it off until tomorrow for far too long, this time I had no choice I felt.

Good luck today!
  • Hi Fiesty1. Just remember that you're forever chasing tomorrow and that's not the kind of exercise to fulfil an inner most desire.

Don't think of it as just a diet, because that it's not. You are changing your life. You are changing who you are and there is no tomorrow to do that.

Good luck to you!
  • Maybe it would help you to start slowly, and think of it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. One of the things I did was switch from full fat milk to non fat milk in my coffee. Since I drink a lot of coffee, it adds up. Some people talk about giving up soda as a first step.

I started out trying to eat mostly non-processed foods and lost that first big chunk of weight at the beginning without really trying. Eating clean sort of forces you to eat fruits and veggies and not eat Twinkies. That's why it works.
  • One meal at a time. There's no other way. No tomorrow. No next week. Only the next meal. Will you choose healthy or unhealthy? You can do it!
  • Thanks everyone!! I needed that! I'm off to a promising start to a new me!
  • I hope you had a good and productive first day!
  • I've had a lot of "I'll start tomorrows." Then I'm good for a couple of weeks, then I make up some excuse to eat junk. Good luck to you! I hope we all can find what we need to remain motivated!
    I started taking Alli last week. I don't know if that exactly is helping me lose anything, but I'm deathly afraid of eating too much fat because I don't want any "treatment effects."
    Hope your first day was on track!
  • I hear ya! I am day one today too. I did it. I wanted so badly to grab a BK burger on my way home from work tonight but I resisted!
  • Go, Feisty--you can totally do it!! (From one shortie to another!!) The first day is the hardest, but it is SUCH a nice feeling going to bed that night, knowing YOU DID IT!!
  • How are you doing? I'm on day 7 and although I still have some cravings they're not as bad and I'm not nearly as hungry as I used to be. If I can do this, you can too!
  • Quote: I hear ya! I am day one today too. I did it. I wanted so badly to grab a BK burger on my way home from work tonight but I resisted!
    Awesome!