17lbs & ZERO inches down?

• So I'm down 17lbs but NO inches. I'm very careful to always measure same places same way but I've had no changes in inches. How is that possible?
  • How about your clothes, any looser?
  • Maybe the pounds are coming from an area you don't measure? I only measure 3 spots, so when the scale moves but the measurements don't, I figure that's why.
  • I'm not sure either but wanted to say congrats on the 17lbs!!
  • Congratulations on the 17 lbs. I vote with Newleaf - it came off somewhere you didn't measure. If you are like me, you will have lost all 17 lbs from your boobs. LOL. Keep on truckin' and I'm sure you'll suddenly notice that your clothes aren't so tight.
  • It may take awhile for inches to go down. If you are losing on the scale, that's great!

I don't seem to lose a bunch where I measure either, but when I noticed my clothes fitting better & then getting loose then I tried measuring again. There was a difference but not as dramatic as I would have thought. Not for a 30lb loss anyway. Bodies are weird that way.
  • And the weight come off all over your body, 1/2 inch here an inch there and that includes places we don't think about, feet, neck fingers , anyplace on our bodies .
  • I heard somewhere that when you first lose weight it's all water weight mostly. But then you start to lose from random places where you wouldn't think about! Like neck, hands, face, etc. and then it goes like Boobs, legs and then stomach. Something like that. But you have lost 17 pounds! That is a huge deal. Be proud of it and keep going! You'll notice it soon if you keep going I promise
  • Thanks for the support and yes definitely fitting better in my clothes. I usually measure neck, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calfs. So I figured I'd see a smaller number somewhere by now.
  • Maybe you're not consistent with the pressure you apply to the measuring tape when you measure? If your clothes are fitting differently - you've lost inches!