3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Has weight loss made you focus on your other flaws? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/272597-has-weight-loss-made-you-focus-your-other-flaws.html)

KittyKatFan 01-04-2013 09:50 PM

Has weight loss made you focus on your other flaws?

I should be happy about losing so much weight. I am happy, and even if I didn't lose another pound I could probably deal with it and accept my current weight.

But now, I have begun to focus on other flaws, particularly my face. I think I am so ugly. I used to think I had a nice nose, but when I see pictures I think it looks so big. And I can't stand to look at myself. I had the iPod camera accidentally turned on so that it would look at me, and I just look so old and wrinkled. And I think my face looks so masculine and unattractive. Bad complexion and ugly facial features.

Will I ever get to the point where I will accept myself as I am, without judgment? I am seeing a therapist, but I feel like I just will never be able to look at myself and like what I see.

Am I the only one going through this? If anybody has experienced similar issues and has gotten past them, how did you do it?

Thanks.

TheLauren 01-04-2013 09:53 PM

Actually, being on a weight loss path has made me more aware on how fat I am! I was in a really great state of denial, until I decided to change. Now I look in the mirror and see how much fat I have gained in the past few years. Then again, being aware of that fat makes me so much more aware of the weight I am losing!

Quack Addict 01-04-2013 10:07 PM

I think that we tend to notice other things about ourselves simply because we see the physical changes in our body while losing weight. Whereas before when we looked in the mirror, we saw the same body day in and day out... and it was our "norm". Now we're seeing someone who looks a little bit different, and it draws our focus to our appearance.

Personally, what I notice most about people are their eyes and their smiles. So keep a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face... and most people don't even notice the rest! :yes:

nasu27 01-04-2013 10:43 PM

yes, it happen to me too, being more self conscious, from obese to obsess if I may say..
but then i felt sick with it, insomnia, checking on plastic surgery website, insomnia, crying, etc
but then i look back at my heaviest body pic, and my 1st reason to start lose weight coz i wanna be better, and i am (-40lbs better) even with stretch marks or some lose skin..

then i try to see the bad part of being "so-called-perfect' face/body that hollywood actress has, mostly its good for short time then turn bad after some years, so i decide : enough means enough

i hope u could find ur positive affection :)

mandypandy2246 01-05-2013 12:55 PM

This has definitely happened ot me. Also, I am now more in touch with my body so I realize just how fat I really was. I hadn't realized before dieting - I was out of touch with my body and in denial. Now I'm horrified that even 24 lbs down just how fat I am!