Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #76  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I have felt out of control for a long time and losing weight seems to be the main reason behind that. Of course I want to look better and feel better about myself but I was feeling so depressed and it was affecting my ability to enjoy anything. I'm ready to live my life and not let my weight affect everything I do.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 301/287/240

Height: 5'7"

Right now it is health. I feel so sluggish and all of the joints in my body ache. It is so hard to get myself moving each morning.

However, whenever I get down to 230 pounds I begin to feel great! And that's when the vanity kicks in.
katrinakit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #78  
improving life!

I want to look how I feel. I'm a really excited person but I'll hold myself back when I'm uncomfortable with my weight. I feel like jumping, running, and climbing around but I tell myself no because I don't want to attract more attention to my body. I love myself and love my looks and my body but the extra weight I don't love, it holds me back.

I was always a competitive athlete from childhood up till about 17. I love physically competing, and I'm good at it! So, I want to be fit again for fun competition.

Clothing! I hate having to worry about adjusting and etc etc. We all know about those troubles.

Then--of course--I want to look AMAZING naked!! HAHA! I get these wildly narcissistic ideals of me being some golden god that men lose composure seeing. HAHAHA!!!

OHHH!!! & brain health!! I had battles with depression in the past and I have poor executive functioning (let's just say I've got raging ADHD hehe). Eating right and exercising really makes a huge difference when it comes to brain health.

Last edited by pinkalarmclock; 01-09-2013 at 09:09 PM.
pinkalarmclock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 304.2/298/124

Height: 5'3"

First is for health reasons. I have a serious family history of high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes and obesity and i'm becoming concerned that my blood pressure is increasing.

Second for my children. I want to be that mom that runs around with them, does fun, active things, take time to really play with them. I can't do any of that now since I barely have enough energy to get through working and not getting enough sleep.

I also want to improve my stamina. I never really liked exercise but I discovered that I love playing tennis and I can't do that anymore either. I understand about depression because everytime I find that I can't do something I love to do I get depressed which just makes me want to sit on the couch and watch TV. I have decided that this is unacceptible and it is up to me to work hard at eating healthier, exercising, and getting this weight off for good. I am determined and can't wait to succeed.

Of course there is some vanity involved also since I would love to be able to go to any store and find cute clothes that I like, in my size, AND have them look good instead of frumpy. I really can't wait for that day.
momtopands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #80  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I thought of another one: I want to look my age!

I got told today that I look like I'm in my 20's now that I lost some weight. While it was meant as a compliment, it was a kick in the pants because I'm only 27 and apparently I looked 35!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 257/207/135

Height: 5'6"

My main reason is health. I have a four year old daughter and I want to be around for her as she grows up. I don't want her not to have her mom in her life.

My other reasons is I want to look better and feel better. I want to be able to shop in the "normal sized" clothing stores. I hate how most plus sized clothing looks.
jp4ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #82  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiojane View Post
I thought of another one: I want to look my age!

I got told today that I look like I'm in my 20's now that I lost some weight. While it was meant as a compliment, it was a kick in the pants because I'm only 27 and apparently I looked 35!
When I was a freshman in high school, new students that didn't know me assumed I was one of the teachers. Yeah, I was 14 years old and people thought I was in my 30's! I'm 36 and think I look younger now than I did back then.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 283/255/199

Height: 5"6

I really enjoyed reading all of the replies to this thread. I am losing weight because I'm tired of shopping at plus size stores...I'm tired of being uncomfortable in my skin...I'm unhealthy and unattractive...I don't feel like a woma and although my partner compliments me on a daily basis, I feel like its just kind words and not genuine. My best friend is 110 pounds and shopping with her is as enjoyable as visiting the dentist...I want to walk up to any rack at any store and find my size...I want to keep up to my almost 7 year old son....I want o go to bed and wake up feeling rested and energized....ohhh I could go at this all day...but ultimately...I want happiness
nichole87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #84  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

For me, it's an even split between looking better, feeling better, being able to be more active and keep up with my 8 year old, and my overall health.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #85  

I'm tired of saying 'when I was skinny....' I want to actually be skinny, not have a memory of it.
Kaitie9399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:36 PM   #86  

S/C/G: SW: 225/ CW:180.4/ GW: 165

Height: 5 9

I've noticed over the years that my weight has been creeping up on me since i gained my freshman 15 (25 ) I want to nip it right now before it gets worse and my self esteem completely plummets. I already have noticed that sometimes i don't even want to get dressed in the morning because i feel like i look bad in everything i wear. I'm def overweight but i'm tall so i carry it well and people just think that i'm "curvey" but i'm starting to gain it more in my stomach at this point and that is a curve i don't want anymore!

I remember how i felt being a thin 18 19 year old and all the confidence i had and energy and i miss that! So now i am 24 and looking to lose about 30 or 40 pounds. I feel like everything in my life is coming together and it can't be completely perfect until i lose this weight and get my confidence back!
skintoskincombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 189/146/135

Height: 5'6

I wanted to lose weight cause of how society looked at me for so many years. Dealing with it in highschool, college, and in my professional career while looking for a job, before landing a job, and even after landing a good job. It's just a simple superficial world we live in. Oh yea, and to be healthy...is the 2nd reason.
kadian43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #88  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I'm back to lose the weight I've regained and then some because I remember what it was like to be at my high weight and recall how much more energy I had at my most recent low weight (about 178). So many things felt so much better a year ago at this time, and I want to get back to that point.

I felt as though I was on the verge of becoming that sleeker, healthier, more active person and just let it slip away through inaction. It's time to take action now and look ahead to how good I already know I'll feel in just a few pounds.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #89  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
When I was a freshman in high school, new students that didn't know me assumed I was one of the teachers. Yeah, I was 14 years old and people thought I was in my 30's! I'm 36 and think I look younger now than I did back then
On my 21st birthday, I was out and looking forward to having to show my i.d for the first time...Its like a right of passage into adulthood...anyways, I get to this japanese hibachi restaurant, order drinks, and I didn't get carded...I asked if he needed to see my D.L...and he said, your definitely old enough...0.o

Oh...I think I posted on this board awhile ago, but I have another reason...completely vain but....

In 4 years, my 10 year high school renunion will come up...I recently got back in contact with a few people I knew(because our class had a 6 year meetup as well, that I didn't go to,) and they were amazed at how different I looked...I want to see the reaction on some of my former bullies/insulters when I go to my 10 year one...Petty...but I still want to...

Last edited by baker23; 01-13-2013 at 06:13 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #90  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

I can't express enough how good it feels to be able to jump with ease...without my knees taking a huge impact. My body moves more freely...I can bend, twist, dance, jump...all with ease. At 252 lbs, all those things were extremely difficult. So health was number 1 for me. Number 2 is becoming the sexy foxy lady that I know I am under the fat lol. I can walk into any store now and find my size. That is an awesome feeling. I can shop with my sister and friends and not be the only one not buying anything. All these things improve my quality of life.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote