3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Can anyone help? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/271688-can-anyone-help.html)

Ellemphriem 12-18-2012 07:01 PM

Can anyone help?

It is night in my country, and this is the time when i have the most issues with my binge eating. Any words of wisdom to manage to pass this dreadful night WITHOUT eating? I have written details in my introduction but it is gone, and i am too tired to write it all again. Do any of you have any tips to pass the night without binging? I usually wake up every 2 bleeding hours and binge. I don't know if it is habit or whatever....i just KNOW i need to stop it :(

Thank you in advance.

PS: My name is Kelly and i am 38 years old.

Changergirl 12-18-2012 07:18 PM

Nighttime binging was always my major problem. I count calories and I'd be fine with even a bit leftover for a SMALL snack however that small snack always turned into half my daily intake and therefore going way over. Since I restarted my diet Nov. 1st, I haven't craved my snacks as much. I credit that to a much healthier dinner with a ton of vegetables, usually chicken and a small amount of carbs. However when I do start to crave I make tea. Because it's so hot it usually takes awhile to drink it and my body is usually satisfied by that. Now that doesn't always work so I try and have some really easy, low cal snacks ready to go. Currently I've got carrot sticks, pretzels and jello. I make sure for the less healthy snacks, in this case the pretzels, are portion controlled so I'm not over indulging.

Good luck!

Ferny1730 12-18-2012 07:52 PM

I think you are doing the right thing by writing on here! It can help to scour the internet and look for information on binge eating and binging too. When I was quitting smoking, I would make lots of posts and comment on posts everytime I was having a craving. I also read everything I could read on the subject to inform myself. It was the focus of my life for a while, but gradually the cravings went away. Snaking and binging has been a similar process for me. Good luck!

Ferny1730 12-18-2012 07:53 PM

Update us on how it goes! That accountability might help too!

LockItUp 12-18-2012 08:36 PM

I think I saw your post in intros, you live in Greece?

Visit the Chicks in Control forum as well as this one, they deal specifically with binge eating. I don't have any specific answers for you, sometimes this journey is a lot about self discovery!

Ellemphriem 12-19-2012 04:53 PM

I am off to visit the link thank you.....and of course yesterday i binged on chocolate...:( As usual..........

Fluffypuppy 12-19-2012 05:55 PM

How you doing now? I'm rooting for you!

Ellemphriem 12-19-2012 06:29 PM

Hi Fluffy,

We are almost in the same pound area :) I am not doing very well right now. For various reasons i am dreadfully sentimental and tonight i also got my period and i am certain i am going to binge again. But for 2 days straight i managed to at LEAST eat healthy during the day. I didn't eat any unhealthy snacks, just fruits and salads and some meet at lunch and breakfast and that's about it. But night time is here.....add to that my psychological overload and you'll see me binging at night.....i am dead certain of it. It is so silly to be able to manage you daily intake so well and just mess it up at night. It's as if my brain cannot control the actions of my body at night......it's so so weird.

Thanks for the words of support. I see your current weight. Way to go to you too. If i see that number in me i am going to be so happy.....

Mozzy 12-20-2012 03:40 PM

Good luck, no real advice...