3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Moment of Weakness (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/271039-moment-weakness.html)

Missy Krissy 12-04-2012 09:49 PM

Moment of Weakness

I have reached my calorie limit for the day but am fighting some serious cravings right now. I just want to EAT. I don't care what. I'm trying to white knuckle it, I've only got about 45 minutes until I get ready for bed. Maybe I'll make some tea with no sugar. :stress:

OhThePlaces 12-04-2012 09:51 PM

I have 25 calorie hot chocolate for those times, it usually does the trick... Good luck! ;)

Mozzy 12-04-2012 09:51 PM

On days like that, I go to bed early.
Good luck!

Missy Krissy 12-04-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mozzy (Post 4548002)
On days like that, I go to bed early.
Good luck!

LOL, this made me giggle. I would if I could, but my son won't let me!

avalonmoon 12-04-2012 10:57 PM

lol. Mozzy has good instincts. Krissy, could you have celery or something like that? They are low cal.

Arctic Mama 12-04-2012 11:14 PM

If you're not physiologically needing more calories I agree, tea or bed is wiser. If you're genuinely needing more energy and it isn't a 'head' craving, some protein with fat should help (piece of cheese, Greek yogurt, some chicken, etc).

EricAnn 12-04-2012 11:37 PM

Do 100 jumping jacks!

dstalksalot 12-05-2012 12:04 AM

Tea really helps me at night. I drink a chocolate tea with no cals.

alaskanlaughter 12-05-2012 12:05 AM

my head hunger can totally convince my stomach that i'm actually hungry....it can actually make my stomach start growling...ugh...if i'm hungry like that i try to have tea also and move away from where i usually snack (computer desk) and go relax in my recliner...then i'm resting and become far too lazy to get up to eat anything else...i'm trying to get into the habit of some sugar-free tea in my recliner at night instead of aimlessly wanting to snack

alaskanlaughter 12-05-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstalksalot (Post 4548113)
Tea really helps me at night. I drink a chocolate tea with no cals.

chocolate tea?? i need to know more about this :D

moonkissed 12-05-2012 12:26 AM

I love the tea or hot chocolate idea too. I have found it helps me & slowly sipping seems to give me that mouth focus thing :dizzy: idk lol

You could also brush your teeth early lol Nothing will taste good after that!

scoutycat 12-05-2012 02:08 AM

I like chai tea - it tastes sweet because of the spices in it, but it's just tea. something to keep the hands busy, like knitting or video games can help too. Or crunches. I never want to eat after i've done a set of crunches.

JossFit 12-05-2012 04:46 AM

If it's that close to bed, I would just brush my teeth and start my face washing/moisturizing ritual.

Last night I was having some cravings, not real hunger, so I took some extra time to apply a really luxurious moisturizer to my face as well as my feet, hands, elbows, etc.
Then I took a couple of extra minutes fluffing the pillows on my bed and misting my sheets with my vanilla lavendar linen spray to get me ready for a good night's sleep.

Sometimes just taking a few extra moments to slow down and savor those little pampering moments is just the distraction that I need. :)

Missy Krissy 12-05-2012 10:27 AM

Thanks everyone! JossFit, I love the idea of doing an application of a luxurious mosturizer, that would be a good way to take my mind off of my cravings.

I found some pepermint tea and made it through, thank goodness.

LeilaJey 12-05-2012 10:39 AM

I'm glad you made it through! That's a great success, so well done as I know how difficult it can be.

I have similar ideas to Joss - I often give myself a mini facial and clean my teeth super well with whitening toothpastes and floss very well because I generally find it easier to resist eating everything after putting so much effort into brushing my teeth.