Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
i DEFINITELY do. i dont think its an "excuse", i think it causes life changes when you're in a relationship. you feel confident, your insecurities start to go away. as a result, you're not as worried about how you look so you lose vigilance.
You said it perfectly. Its a choice, but its the whole lifestyle change that is the factor. For me its not an excuse...I dont WANT to gain! For me for the rest of my life there will never be an excuse to gain. Gaining isnt in my interest and I am fully aware and wont allow myself to ever gain more than 20 lbs. I figured okay, comfortable period but now its trying to maintain both a relationship and weight.
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:31 AM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlsteazombies View Post
Yea, it's been pretty hard. Despite the constant reassurances and support, there's still the "Want to go get tacos al pastor?!" or "c'mon baby, this movie theatre butter popcorn won't hurt you!" and the best, "But every girl needs a little sugar, right?"

Eye on the prize.
Exactly! LoL plus Tacos is our thing so its always, "well, it's date night. I will start tomorrow". I still firmly follow my plan, just allow things like this because I've learned there are times when its okay to enjoy myself.
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyQueen View Post
Exactly! LoL plus Tacos is our thing so its always, "well, it's date night. I will start tomorrow". I still firmly follow my plan, just allow things like this because I've learned there are times when its okay to enjoy myself.
I think this sentence may be a problem, at least it would be for me. I enjoy myself, and my food choices, all the time. I don't eat food that I don't like, ever. By saying it's ok to enjoy yourself sometimes, you're implying that you don't enjoy your choices all the time, and it's a lot easier to lose, and maintain that loss, if you do.

You can enjoy tacos, or whatever, by incorporating them into your plan. Otherwise, it becomes way too easy to start seeing food as something you deserve, something you've earned, something you get on date night, and sure enough, there are a lot more date nights when you're in a good relationship, and therefore, a lot more excuses to eat off your plan.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote