3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Keep me motivated...please!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/26952-keep-me-motivated-please.html)

simcoe 04-23-2003 01:45 PM

Keep me motivated...please!!!!

Help. I am new to 3FC and am really enjoying reading everyone's thoughts. But I need some help.

I have lost 15lbs since January and gone from 205 to 190lbs and feeling really proud of myself. I saw my family for the first time since Christmas at Easter and no one noticed!!!:?: I have also lost some 11 inches through exercise.

How do I keep myself motivated? I know that my family used to look down on me because of my weight, but what happens when they don't notice that I have been changing? Has anyone else had this same experience?

Look forward to any replies.

Mark&Ivy'smom 04-23-2003 02:56 PM

Hi, I just wanted to tell you WELCOME I know it's frustrating that nobody notices, but don't worry about what they say (or don't say) worry about how you feel about yourself, and if you feel good, that's all that matters. :) Congratualtions on your loss!!!!! That's a big step. Keep it up, and I'm sure they will notice in no time. Again Wecome to our family!!!!:grouphug:

tonic 04-23-2003 03:07 PM

It took losing over 25 pounds before any of my friends really said anything. And then again.. there are many people who never say anything at all for fear it will hurt your feelings or something. Weight is a sensitive issues.. so people usual like to not talk about it.

So just keep doing what you are doing. After all, you are doing this for yourself and no one else. Eventually people will get the courage to say something and it will feel awesome. But it wont feel nearly as good as you will feel about yourself when you meet your goals.

Keep up the great work!!

loranden 04-23-2003 03:22 PM

Since I've lost 26 pounds since March 1, I've usually been the first one to notice...and if anyone else has, they haven't said anything yet :shrug: I did compare the photos on both my old and new state photo IDs after I had my new photo ID picture taken yesterday and immediately noticed that my face did look quite thinner than the pic from four years ago.

Remember, not to lose weight for others to notice, but for you to feel and look better :cb: Otherwise, it is only being done for all the wrong reasons.

simcoe 04-23-2003 04:30 PM

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback :) . Everyone is correct about the real reason for weight loss....me! Thanks for reminding me.

Cheers.

Amarantha2 04-23-2003 08:03 PM

Simcoe ... that's a really common experience, people saying they don't notice a weight loss ... I lost more than 100 pounds and there were people who said, oh, they hadn't noticed ... :) ... it's just another form of the great indoor sport of bursting our bubble and putting us down ... ignore it ... feel free to join our Just For a Week boot camp if you'd like or join in any of the great threads here ... you'll find loads of support!