3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   300+ and Ready To Try Again... #321 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/26951-300-ready-try-again-321-a.html)

2cute2Bfat 04-23-2003 01:33 PM

300+ and Ready To Try Again... #321

God Bless America!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way to Go !!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME

2cute2Bfat 04-23-2003 01:35 PM

No time to post any comments... I am LATE leaving and just had to take a peek before I left town and saw we needed a new thread. Tina.. glad to see you back. {{ HUGS}} Sandy, congrats on your successful Dr. visit.
See you all in a few days. :wave:

loranden 04-23-2003 01:46 PM

Hi all!

Yes, I am still alive; up since 9:30 this morning (thanks for a furry hungry creature pawing at me to feed him and his brot-fur). At the moment, I'm checking the boards while doing laundry, then I have to do my 30 minute workout yet.

I've gotten a couple of nice denim shirts with embroidery from Haband--they were two for 37.95, so I got a denim blue and a white one--both in a size 3X!!! :cb: I figure if I keep this up, I may break 300 by the time I see the bariatric surgeon! :D

Tina: Nice to see you back--and GREAT sig! Sorry to hear of the little boy that passed away. I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Nice to see everyone else is doing great! :grouphug: Hugs to all of you!

MichelleK 04-23-2003 03:31 PM

Just a quickie here! My parents are here and little baby boy is fighting a cold...he has a slight fever so I gave him tylenol and he is taking a nap.

John and I went to register at the Y so that is all done...now to get my behind there each day AND back to WW so I can see my progress....I need to see the scale go down and I know that you have to exercise to make it go down.

Gotta run. TTFN Michelle

SaraJoy 04-23-2003 05:24 PM

Hiya Chickies!

Isn't it a beautiful day? :)

I'm in a tickled-pink mood... and I'm not quite sure why. Hmmm... come to think of it, that's not true. I'm in a good mood because I was just watching some videos of this past weekend (not the one I made for you guys) and I was happy... happy to enjoy a video of myself, instead of cringing. So... that's why I'm in a good mood.

On to a couple replies:
Lucky: I think a couple of days ago you were asking me a little about my eating plan. If you're still interested, a while back I made a huge entry in my journal about this. Check it out if you haven't already... :)

Hmmm.... somebody asked how old I was. Was it Deon? I'm 25... for the next 5 days... then, I'll be older. :p

Michelle: Good job on joining the Y!!! It's great that John joined with you! That way, you can feel SUPERIOR when you leave him in your dust! :lol:

Lori! I forgot your name in my video greeting too! Sorry, sorry, sorry! I thought of this last night, while I was lying in bed and almost got up to apologize! :) Congratulations on the 3X, btw!

2Cute: Hope your visit to your parents' goes okay. You'll be in our thoughts! :)

Okay... gotta run!
Sara :)

katrinabgood 04-23-2003 09:09 PM

Hey, dudettes!

Just popping in, on my way to bed, to say "Hi!" Traffic is very light around here today. I really haven't got much to say myself.

Tina, you touched my heart with the story about AJ. How very sad. I hope his short life was a happy one.

Gotta hit the sack...I'll see you all tomorrow!

SaraJoy 04-23-2003 10:47 PM

Just a quickie...

Hiya Ladies!

If anyone had problems downloading my video greeting, give it a try now. My hubby tweaked the backend of the site a bit. Some people were only getting audio... but there's a video that goes with it!

G'night all!

LuckyLadyBug 04-23-2003 10:58 PM

Sara Thank you for that video clip. It was so GREAT seeing and hearing you. I like the red hair. At first when you said you were doing it I couldn't imagine you red from black but it looks good.

I am just so happy having watched you. I hope your foot is okay!!!..

Grannie39074 04-24-2003 07:29 AM

Good morning all
How are all my chickies today.
Missed you at chat last night it was me and Sandy.

As I set here drinking my coffee I am so tired don't know why.
Sara I read part of your journal about your weight loss plan sounds good.

I cooked a chicken pasta salad last night it was great.

I didn't get any pictures of myself on our trip but I'll post some of some of the sites

BarbPA 04-24-2003 08:21 AM

Just a quick "Good Morning" to everyone. Work is going to be a little crazy today. Yesterday was not a good day for me. Still feeling the effects of TOM. I made very poor eating choices, but I did double up on my walk. So, there was a little positive in it. Today is going to be a better day!!!

Wishing you all a great day --- I'll stop in later!

:) Barb

peekabooangel 04-24-2003 10:03 AM

Hey there chickee poohs,

How goes the morning? It's pretty okay here. I am trying hard to stay back on the wagon!! I do have some potatoe chips in fron of me and yes I know its only 9:52 in the a.m, but my body was saying PLEASE..... But, good news is I did buy the Fat free Ruffle Wow chips....so that was a plus (hey gotta take credit where credit is due:) )Okay, coming here just made me fold the bag up and put them away in my desk drawer:o . I stopped at the grocery store on the way to work and made me one of those big ole salads at the salad bar, and I did not add any potatoe salad, coleslaw or any of that....I was a good girl, and bought a seperate bottle of FF salad dressing!!! Tonight for dinner is Scallops sauteed in garlic over pasta.....yummskies:T . I jumped on the scales this morning, and it read back at me 263.5....wow, I made it back to last weeks weight, so all in all I guess I did okay, I maintained for the week, but it sure was a scarey trip off the wagon:( .

Barb: you sent TOM to my house that was not nice :no: , but one good thing is it will be done and over with and I will be able to enjoy the mini vacation I'm going on next weekend....

I told Mary last night, a bunch of the girls here some family some friends all go away together like 2 or 3 times a year up to a camp (cabin) that family owns up North here in Maine. The only rules are......1)NO KIDS 2)NO HUBBYS OR SIGNIFICANT OTHERS!!!!
I can't wait, we always have a blast, yes it will be a free bee weekend, I hope I don't do to much damage, but alls I can see that will really put me over is the wine, the jello shots and maybe the cheesecake? LOL, a girl has got to live!!! Anyway, I know it will be a blast, one of my bestest friends in the world is going with me this time, she is a single mom of 3 and I know she has not been away from her kids for at least 8 or 9 years. I'm thinking she will have a good time!!!! Have you all ever gone away with just the girls? You think men are bad, you aint seen nothing:D , but we have a good time, and this year Im taking the video camera to prove it....LOL that should be a funny one to watch. I welcome any of you that wanna make the trip up here to go!! We leave promptly at NOON on Friday May 2nd, we wait for no one.....This will put us at the cabin at about 4:00 or so.

Well chicklets, hope to come back and read some later. Sorry if I bent your ear, I just wanted to share. I love ya all and hope the day is treating you nice.

Huggers!!!

kidmeister 04-24-2003 10:30 AM

Gosh, I almost missed another thread. I have been soo busy lately I just haven't had time to get in here and post. Eating is going very well I have been able to possibly shave off those points that I ate over, and am feeling good about it. Not alot of exercise unless you count shopping, I have done plenty of that lately. April is the month of **** for me, I have 10 birthdays, easter and then this weekend I have 2 birthdays, and my daughter is going to a concert for her 15th birthday which isnt acutally til may but the concert was now and then we also have 3 Dr. appts in a weeks time. Ugh! I am so busy. I hate being this busy. I am a very slow paced person. Anyway, tonight is weigh in, I am sure I have not lost I am just hoping I didnt gain. I will be happy if I didnt. I am drinking lots of water today and going to live on veggies. :lol:

I just have one response and that is to Sara: Is your birthday on the 28th?? So is my daughters. She will be 10. No wonder I like you.:D

Well I will try to get back in here sometime this weekend, the kids dont have school tomorrow and I am doing a birthday party tomorrow afternoon and then I am also doing one tomorrow eve, (for my DH) and then Sat is garage clean out day and then Sat night my daughter will be gone then Sunday is my other daughters concert, well anyway, maybe I will be back this weekend. ;) Everyone have a nice weekend.

QueenB 04-24-2003 11:03 AM

Hey gals!

How are ya this morning? Good, I hope! :goodvibes

Well, I'm going to go weigh myself this weekend. I will probably go up to the mall on Sunday after work to see what type of damage I've done. The last time I went to WW was on 3/10, so it's been one month and two weeks exactly. From the best I can tell, out of the last 44 days, I've been OP exactly 7 days. Not a real good average, huh? :p I'm very scared to get on the scale, but I know it's something that needs to be done. Isn't it amazing how it is so hard to lose, but so easy to gain? :rolleyes:

I went into Sara's journal last night and did quite a bit of reading. Especially her diet and what she was consuming to lose the weight. The principle is the same as I usually follow, but I am far to easy on myself when it comes to the complex carbohydrates. I also have a problem eating late at night before I go to bed. I think instead of concentrating on ALL the choices I have with WW, I'm going to get back to basic. Try to stay away from all the processed things. Wish me luck. :crossed:

I'm going to go make some breakfast and then do my one mile WATP. Baby steps.....baby steps.

BarbPA 04-24-2003 12:50 PM

Hi Gals!
Just taking a quick break for lunch and thought I'd check in! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! I can't wait to get out of work and enjoy the day! Now that I am in a better routine walking my dogs at night I look forward to it! It's been a long time since I looked forward to exercise! It feels like a major accomplishment.

2Cute - Have a safe trip! :)

Lori - Congrats on the smaller size. It's such a nice feeling when clothes fit comfortably! :D

Michelle - Way to go on joining the Y!!! :cp:

Sara - I hope you are still in a wonderful mood today! Sounds like a lot of us were reading your journal last night!!! Thanks for sharing!!! :flow1:

Sandy - Sorry to send TOM to ya --- but I needed to get rid of it!! Yikes the chocolate cravings were bad this month!!! I also figured out that my next visit will be while I am on vacation next month!! UGH! No fun! :( Good job maintaining this week --- I'm not going to fare so well. Girls weekend sounds like a blast!! Can't wait to hear all about it! :cb:

Deon - you sound just a tad busy! I hope you get time for yourself! :halffull:

Tina - Boy, you are on target --- so easy to gain!!! It's amazing!!! :cookie:

A great big Hello to anyone else I may have missed!!!

Back to work for now!!!!

Grannie39074 04-24-2003 01:13 PM

My brother brought the baby to see me today. he weighs 21 ponds and is setting up now. Brother has started driving a truck again so at least for now he has a job.

Duckie25 04-24-2003 01:25 PM

Hey gals,

Guess I should pop in, not much to report or say, Beautiful day here today, I hate being stuck at work when I could be outside enjoying the weather. I want to invest in a pair a roller blades, it looks like so much fun, but not sure If I can get a pair that can withstand this weight. Would love to get a bike, but I don't know if my butt can withstand the tiny seats, I use to love bike riding, spent my summers biking, hiking, jumping on the trampoline, swimming, ( that was probably 11yrs ago) and now I don't do any of it, I want my life back. Why oh Why am I cursed with this love of food. Why can't the food love me and be good to me like I am to it.

Food hasn't been to bad, I am so good all day long and then when I get home, I eat like a pig, last night I made macaroni, tomatoes and cheese, ( my favorite ) and I swear I must have eaten at least 5 cups of the stuff, I can't control myself when it comes to carbs, I really want to wean my self off them, but their so good, and that's the staple of what we eat, meat, potatoes, and bread, and sometimes throw in some veggies. Need to throw out the potatoes, ( or rice, or mac ) and eat more protein and veggies, tonight for supper I'm going to have, a chicken breast grilled, and some zucchini, no carbs. I want to change my eating habits, no I need to change. I want to be a Sara, so happy, and full of life.

Sara you remind me of my sister, so bubbly and cute, I hope your taking precautions with this SARS out break, Can't remember if you right in Toronto or not. Scary place to be right now, well that's what TV is making it to look like.

Sandy your trip away sounds like so much fun, I wish I had a bunch of lady's to go some where with, I use to do that when I lived in the city, girls night out a least once a week, ( supper, movies, the pub,) it was fun, don't really have anyone to hang out with in this small town, just my mom and her friends, had a really close friend in the city, but since I moved away, she hasn't made any efforts in keeping contact, so I gave up. I really miss her.

Man my shoulder is hurting, I have this constant aching pain, I can't raise my arm any further than straight out, and its difficult to do some tasks, I went to the doctor, and she told me it was an inflamed front inner joints, and there's nothing I can do about it, but use tylenol and cold packs. This is her diagnosis after 30 seconds of examing it. Well I don't want to live in pain for the rest of my life, this has been hurting for about a year now, And I think I found the reason, My BOOBS are to big, ( I already knew they were huge, and I hate them) but I realized that when I hold them up with my hands, the pain stops, maybe my bra strap is pinching a nerve, I guess I'll have to go back to the doctor and tell them my discovery. Two of my sisters had breast reduction surgery, and I would do it in a heart beat, but I know they would tell me to lose weight first, what to do?

Boy I thought I had nothing to say, well I better get back to work, chow.

katrinabgood 04-24-2003 03:00 PM

Hey all...

how goes it? Okay...who sent TOM over here too? A week EARLY?!? :rolleyes: At least that explains why I was so ravenous about a week ago...I thought I was just being a pig, cuz it was WAY too early for PMS. That's ok, I'm back on track.

And speaking of being on track...someone, (Duckie?) had posted about using Fitday.com, so i thought I would give it a whirl...again. I have used it in the past, but felt that it took too long. Well, it really is worth the time, because it gives such a good visual of what's happening with what you put into your mouth. For the heck of it, I started to put yesterday's food in...now here I thought I was being pretty darn good. I added all my little nibbles and "just ones" and oh man, what an eye opener! :yikes: You can sure pack in some calories with that "mindless nibbling." It wasn't junk either. Ah well, live and learn. So today, I've been very discriminating with my food choices. I had planned out a crab salad sandwich with sprouts for lunch, with baby carrots, 1% milk and an apple. After I ate the sandwich, I decided that I really wasn't hungry anymore, so I didn't need the apple just then...I'll save it for later.

I'm feeling the effects of the Pilates class that I took the other day. I think I'll take another one tonight...it's a good work out and you're seated or lying down 90% of the time! That's not to say that you don't work! My abs and obliques, butt and legs are feeling it, but in a good way. It's making me very conscious of my posture and I'm sitting much taller; chest back, shoulders back, head held high. You just can't help but feel better about yourself when you sit and stand tall and proud! Throw in a smile just for the heck of it and you're on your way! Try it!

I'm going outside now. It is so nice out there. I think I'm going to mow the lawn. I hope the mower starts!

See ya'll later.

peekabooangel 04-24-2003 06:06 PM

Dear Friends,

By chance did anyone catch Oprah today? OMG, OMG, it was fabulous!!!! All about people who have lost big amounts of weight. I was in tears. I started out having a good day, then I got home and had a handful of cheez-its, but reduced fat ones, still I was okay, then I found the chocochips.....rrrrr...but I think I have caught myself intime. Then I watched the show and OMG my whole attitude changed again. I think I found that clicker again that goes off in the head. So for supper, I was planning on having fried scallops (see I was gonna be naughty) But ended up sauteeing them in pam with garlic and asparagus, then put that over pasta.....OH so good and not to bad on the pts. Choices, thats what its all about.

This one guy, OMG, he lost 305 lbs....yes 305 lbs gone....he was like 525 when he started. Anyway his dream had been to sit in a Porche.....well what do you think OPRAH did? She got one and brought it on the stage and the man got to sit in it....then yup you guessed it she gave the man this brand spanking new $62,000 Porche, talk about a grown man crying!!! Yes he was. There were so many good stories. Then a while back she had a show of weight loss and it showed a man that had lost 200 and something....and he got to take his girlfriend (first one he had ever had) out on the town in a convertible......and so on....well he was back today and proposed to this woman on tv, and if you could have heard him, oh the tears were flowing here in Maine let me tell you. It was beutiful.

So, Im back on the wagon and I'm staying for a while, still gonna enjoy girls weekend, but I will kinda be carefull, good thing the jello is ff. LOL and I think no fat in the alcohol? Jello shots>anyone had these, they go down smooth.....

Huggers,

brunissen 04-24-2003 06:39 PM

Hi All -

Finally found this board, so I wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Pam, and you'll usually find I sign my posts "psm" (my initials). I started this weigh loss attempt on 11/4/2002 and I weighed 355. I'm now down to 315, and my goal is 190.

I'm glad to have found 3FC, and especially a board of others who are 300+, and I look forward to learning more about each of you!

:D
psm

peekabooangel 04-24-2003 06:45 PM

Welcome to the thread Pam, I know you will like it here. We are here to help not only in weight loss, but we chat about everyday stuff to, good and bad we are here for it all. Love the dog!!!!

brunissen 04-24-2003 06:47 PM

Thanks Sandy! And I'm assuming you are the same Sandy who posted the comment to my journal and told me where to find this board! :D

And my puppy is a sweetie - he's 13 weeks old and his name is Angus.

psm

peekabooangel 04-24-2003 06:55 PM

That would be me....one in the same. Glad you found your way to the board.....

BarbPA 04-24-2003 09:29 PM

Good Evening Ladies!
I am proud to report that I had a good day today and stayed on track!!! :) I made the Pineapple Salsa Chicken for dinner. Yummy! :chef: Hubby didn't care for it - said it was too sweet for his liking, but I loved it and it was healthy so that's what matters.

I didn't get to see Oprah today but I recorded it and will watch over the weekend! Can't wait to see the successes.

Pam - Welcome to the group! You'll love it here. I've only been here for a short time and am so thankful I found this wonderful group of women.

I'm going to watch a little tv and call it a night! Catch ya tomorrow!

:wave:
Barb

MichelleK 04-24-2003 09:53 PM

Another quickie here! I am on my way to BED!! Can't wait to hit my pillow!!

My parents are on their way back to Rhode Island, we took the little guy to the ped. tonight because the tylenol was NOT getting his fever to go down and we find out he has an ear infection AND an bright red throat full of puss! Poor little guy! He didn't have a cold or anything before it but that can happen he said! He has taken a dose of antibiotic and a dose of motrin for children and he seems to be back to himself again...

I have been off work these past two days and I am afraid to go in tomorrow....I didn't get ANY phone calls either day so thats what scares me! I don't know what to expect when I get there! Oh well!!

Gotta hit the hay but want to say Welcome to Pam!!

I have decided that I am going back to WW on Monday nights...no excuses! I get out of work at 630 and the meeting starts at 7pm.

TTFN Michelle

katrinabgood 04-24-2003 10:37 PM

Quickie:
Welcome Pam!
Welcome BACK, Michelle...missed ya!
Good job, Barb!
Sandy, never had a jello shot, give us a full report! Have fun!
Duckie, just walk...no equipment necessary.
Tina...welcome back to the wagon!
Mary, I'm glad your brother has perked up. Is the baby a cutie?
Deon, have fun with all your parties!

Oh shoot, it's after 10:30, gotta run...

Hi everyone else...

see ya soon!

thinthinker 04-25-2003 01:21 AM

Hi Everyone! :wave: Boy, it's pretty bad when you've been away so long that you almost feel like a stranger. YIKES!! I'm so sorry that I have neglected you all for so long. I'm sure this post will take me forever, since I want to go back and see where I left off and see if I can catch up. I'm sure some of the replies will be for stuff you all wrote long, long ago, but hey, it's the thought that counts, right???? :spin:

Pam: It's good to meet you. Welcome to our little corner of the world. I'm sure you'll love it here. I'm one of the old timers here. Been around since almost the beginning of this thread. Glad to see you here. We're always happy to have newbies.

Deon: I'm glad you liked the new Dr. That's always a plus. * The Morningstar Soy Crumbles are a soy product that looks like ground beef when it's cooked up and crumbled. You find it in the freezer section of the grocery store. And the soy takes on the flavors of whatever you cook it with. So if you use it in spaghetti sauce, it will taste like that, Tacos, it takes on the taco seasoning, etc. I haven't used regular ground beef here at the house for anything but meatloaf in about 3 years. Oh, and BTW, my guys don't know I substitute crumbles for the real thing, so don't tell, ok???? ;) If you're still in an eatting frenzy (which I hope has passed for you), MAKE SOUP! Grab your favorite low cal/low point soup and have several bowls if you need to. I did real well for a time when I made Wednesdays 'soup day'. Really filling and satisfying.

2cute: I loved the post you brought over about "sooner or later". Boy, some good stuff there! * That Raspberry Chicken salad is at a little 'brewery' type restaurant that honey and I have been frequenting about once a week. It's just a local place, not a chain or anything. It really is wonderful and low in fat and calories. :D I did manage to get the house together for the 'baby' and his roommate. His roommate is such a sweetheart. At dinner Sunday he said, "wow, this is the best I'll eat all term." I made sure I had a 'steakhouse job' for Saturday night as a treat since they were coming down and I made a nice breakfast: bacon, sausage, eggs, hashbrowns and fruit salad so I guess maybe I did feed him pretty good. * The new signature line is TooCute!!!

Mary: Your weekend sounds like it was wonderful. You certainly did your fair share of walking. Honey and I love to just window shop when we're away for a few days. It's a great way to pass the time and just be alone and together. Can you tell I need some 'downtime' too??? * Sorry you fell. Hope you're feeling ok. * So glad you got to see the baby. Sounds like your brother is getting his life together. That's wonderful!

Sandy: I love your visuals, like the 20 pound sack of potatoes for Deon. That is such a powerful way of looking at things, especially on days when you don't feel like you're doing a good job. * I've never made homemade pizza. Where do you find the FF crust? * Make that sugar free jello for those shots next weekend and you'll save a few calories. :)

Tina: It sounds like you had a hellacious Friday last week! OMG!!! * I did want to comment on the ham, egg and cheese sandwiches for hubby though. I make my own mean little ham, egg and cheese sandwiches and they are only 4 WW points. Keep a lookout for 'lite' hamburger buns (1 pt.). I found Canadian bacon that you can have 4 slices (1 pt., tastes just like thin sliced ham). I use one slice of Kraft 2% cheese (1 pt.). And I use Eggbeaters (1 pt. or you can use a real egg for 2 pts.) They really are yummy and satisfying. * I'm not even going to ask you who was in the orange bunny suit! * What is it that makes us think differently from thin people? I know right where you were coming from with that post. But....DO NOT give up on your meetings. Honey, you know that I've been going to WW for 4 years. I have gained some of my original pounds back but I would certainly have gained them all back and then some if I didn't continue to go to the meetings. What I need to get a grip on is working the program...all of it, because when I work the program, the program works!

Lucky: It is soooo great that you got your job!!! I knew it was worth keeping these fingers all crossed :crossed: and cramped up for one more day! * Oh, Lucky. [[[hugs]]] honey. Your statement about your dad and the Easter basket just made me think of mine. You're right, he probably wouldn't know and if it would make him feel bad that you weren't there on Easter Day, then just tell him it's Easter when you do get there. My dad used to always wonder where his brother was and finally we stopped telling him that he had passed (dad was indeed at his brother's funeral and just couldn't remember). We just said we didn't know, he must be at home, or out shopping. Otherwise, dad would be sad everytime we told him because he thought it was the first time he was finding out. :(

Sara: I would love some info on the country inn you went to. It sounds like a wonderful weekend. Honey and I have a get-away to Niagara Falls scheduled again for the end of May (you know, before the summer rates kick in) but I wouldn't be opposed to going somewhere else. * Hope your wrist is feeling better. * I loved the video and the pictures are awesome!!!

Barb: Congrats on the 3 pounds! Good Girl!!! Sounds like you've got your walking partners all ready to go. I'm sure they'll keep you in line. Funny how animals come to expect a certain routine too. I'll bet it's no time before somebody is waiting at the front door for a walk when you get in from work. That's one way to keep you honest.

Steph: Hope to see you back around real soon.

Lori: Congrats on your 3 pounds too. Maybe you did some romping with the cats this weekend????

Baylee: Happy Easter, and that's it???? Come on girlfriend. Get in here and talk to us.

Katrina: Blaming leaving the family dinner early on your daughter, I'm so ashamed of you!!! Actually, I'm proud, and jealous that I've not ever thought of that!!! :lol: Kat, is it you that tried Curves??? I'm really considering it. If it was you, could you give me some insight? What it's like? What it costs?

Michelle: Hope you've been enjoying your folks visit. Sounds like the 'Y' is a great idea, especially if John is going to commit to going with you. * So sorry the baby is sick. I sure hope he fills better real soon.

Duckie: Just look at those trips to the bathroom as "one more pound gone" and keep repeating that each time you have to run across that parking lot. It's my mantra when I have to get up numerous times during the night to pee. :o You might be surprised at how right on you are in saying the bra is the cause of your shoulder pain. On Easter I wore my black bra (the only one that was clean in the drawer) which I hadn't worn in awhile. Well, I'm telling you, by the end of the day, my back was just killing me. I went back to one of my usual ones on Monday and whallah, no more pain. Did you see that in the Playtex 18 Hour line they have a new one with gel in the shoulder straps??? I haven't tried one, but they sure sound nice.

WOW! I can't believe I'm finally caught up. I had to go back to thread #318 where I left off. I've been here since 9:30 and it's going on 1:00. That's alot of catching up on. :spin: If I missed anyone, I do apologize. But at this point, I'm cross-eyed and ready for sleep. :dizzy:

Ok, let me catch you all up on my life for a second. The oldest's graduation is looming...a week from Saturday, May 3rd. Tonight was his last final exam. He came home and I asked him if he felt any different and he said, "well, I have nowhere to go next week." He and I have hung out a bit this week. He went to work with me on the road today. It was fun to have him along.

The other day I took him out and bought him a suit. Actually, truth be known, neither of the boys has ever had a new suit, they've had hand me downs from their dad and grandpa, but never a new suit. So I thought at almost 24 it was time he had a suit of his own. Besides....he needs to get a job now and maybe a suit will look good for interviewing! :lol: And dang, he does clean up nice!!! :yes:

Yesterday I did 9 jobs. Woooeeeee, that was busy and I stayed up until 3:00 AM to do paperwork. Today there were only 4 stops so it was a much easier day.

I'm trying to keep the house clean, because we're having a buffet dinner for family here after the graduation ceremony. That is one really tough job...keeping the house clean, that is.

Honey and I have planned another 3 day, 2 night stay in Niagara Falls, Canada for the last week of May. It's right in the middle of my school board campaign so we'll see if we really get to go.

On the campaign trail, I'm finding people coming out of the woodwork being supportive. I talked to one friend last night and she said of the incumbent "none of us like her, but they're afraid of you." I don't know whether to be proud or what. I just know that I'm famous for asking the hard questions and demanding answers so what will be will be.

Well, girls, it's gotten to be 1:15 AM and I've got to hit the hay. :yawn: I'll talk to you all later. BTW, I went back and proofread this odyssey, so you can check out the editing time and see that I'm up way past my bedtime. Maybe I'm taking over 2cute's timing while she's away. :yes: Goodnight all.

loranden 04-25-2003 01:56 AM

Guess who is keeping "cat hours" again:lol: ....?

kidmeister 04-25-2003 03:38 AM

Ok I wasnt gonna post because I am tired, but I'm going to anyway, so here goes, just a quickie.

First off, I managed to lose another 3 lbs. even with the eating I did all week. :cb: Amazing!! I am just on :cloud9: Right now, because I can fall off that wagon and managed to get back on(with all of your help) of course.

Kat: Thanks. I am busy and I hope to have a good weekend.

Pam: Welcome! :wave: This is a wonderful group of ladies who have managed to keep me going even on my really bad day.

Thin: I thought you were awol. So glad you returned to us. :flow1: And I will look for the crumbles, they sound yummy!:T My eating frenzy, I believe, has passed. And just today I thought of the soup, definitely a good idea. Thanks for the tip!!

Well ladies, I am beat. I am off to bed. To dream of thinner days!!:cloud9: :cool:

24 lb total loss so far!! 7 weeks.:grouphug: :flow1: :flow2: :balloons: :df: :cb: :wave:

Grannie39074 04-25-2003 08:25 AM

Welcome Pam you'll love it here

Thin The baby looks just like my brother he weighs 21 pounds. I bought him a car seat and several short sets.

I'm off today so I'm going to try to clean house

BarbPA 04-25-2003 09:10 AM

Good Morning Gals!
Even with the really bumpy week I had --- I am pleased to report another 1.4 pounds gone! :D I was really frightened to step on the scale this morning --- but then I felt all my motivation return when I saw the small loss --- I was expecting a small gain.

Deon - Yippee!!! 3 more pounds! Way to Go!!!

Mary - House cleaning - ugh. My house needs it desperately. I just can't seem to find enough hours in the day to keep up with everything....

Well, I have to get started on my work. It's one of my work at home days so I get easily distracted.

I'm sure I'll be back later. ;)

2cute2Bfat 04-25-2003 11:22 AM

STOP !!!!! Do not post here.

Come join us in the new thread.... #322.
See all of you there. :wave: