3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Obsession with weight loss!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/269507-obsession-weight-loss.html)

shere86 11-07-2012 06:42 PM

Obsession with weight loss!!

Some of my friends say that I am obsessive about my weight loss, but I feel like I am just dieting. I watch what I eat, and excersie everyday. I think when the people around you who isn't dieting with you can become jealous at times.:)

AmyAmy 11-07-2012 06:50 PM

Losing weight and keeping it off is very difficult for most people, therefore you have to be obsessive to an extent. I think it only becomes a problem when it starts to lower your quality of life, or if you lose too much.

bargoo 11-07-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shere86 (Post 4522213)
Some of my friends say that I am obsessive about my weight loss, but I feel like I am just dieting. I watch what I eat, and excersie everyday. I think when the people around you who isn't dieting with you can become jealous at times.:)

I don't talk about dieting or weight loss with others if I can help it. The less I talk about it the fewer the unwanted comments I get.

ActYourselfThin 11-07-2012 07:43 PM

Some great research is showing that the heavier our friends, spouses, and siblings are, the heavier we are.

It's better to have friends that you have to try hard to keep up with, than to have friends who slow you down. One of the best things any of us can do for ourselves is to hang out with people who are moving faster than we are.

Good luck!

weightoffmyshoulders 11-07-2012 08:07 PM

you guys seem to be doing great! I have really been quite obsessed with losing weight at the moment but my problem is that i'm not eating well and not excercising and i keep telling myself i'll start tomorrow but i never stick at it, any tips or advice?

hiddenstar 11-07-2012 10:42 PM

Weightoffmyshoulders - try setting mini goals. Don't try to change so much at once.

My first week, i stopped soda. No other changes
my second week, i started to make better food choices. Like 2 pieces of pizza instead of entire box.
My third week, i startec counting calories and going for target amount.
i just started my fourth week and now i'm adding exercise.

Small easy steps. The little changes made it so much easier for me.

Misti in Seattle 11-08-2012 01:23 AM

I have had quite the opposite reaction... I have been stunned by the support and encouragement I am receiving from my friends. Today at work someone walked up to me and said "You are so thin I almost didn't see you standing there." :)

I don't "go on" about my weight loss, but I did *intentionally* start sharing it on Facebook, simply because I wanted to "put myself out there" and hold myself accountable. A friend had recently done it and was helped by it so I decided to get brave.

Well... EVERY post I make is *flooded* with "Likes" and kind, encouraging comments. People are coming out of the woodwork to cheer me on. And I appreciate every one of them. It is obvious to people that I am fat and it is obvious I am losing weight. My friends are all very happy for me, and I love them even more for their kindness and support.

Fatness 11-08-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shere86 (Post 4522213)

I think it's a good thing. My family says the same thing about me. But I don't care, I am losing weight and it feels good. My husband made me cut my days down in the gym to 5 days.l my parents say I am losing it too fast. My friends say its okay for me to eat pizza and S**t they eat. However, none of them are fat nor are they dealing with a weight issue!

I pay them no mind!

Misti in Seattle 11-08-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatness (Post 4522498)
I think it's a good thing. My family says the same thing about me. But I don't care, I am losing weight and it feels good. My husband made me cut my days down in the gym to 5 days.l my parents say I am losing it too fast. My friends say its okay for me to eat pizza and S**t they eat. However, none of them are fat nor are they dealing with a weight issue!

I pay them no mind!

Excellent points!!! I would not care if people did say I was obsessed with it. Most people are not focused ENOUGH on controlling their weight and health. Glad you commented on this, as that part had slid right by me LOL

Spiritix 11-08-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ActYourselfThin (Post 4522256)
Some great research is showing that the heavier our friends, spouses, and siblings are, the heavier we are.

It's better to have friends that you have to try hard to keep up with, than to have friends who slow you down. One of the best things any of us can do for ourselves is to hang out with people who are moving faster than we are.

Good luck!

This. Most of my friends are thinner than me, and I try to keep in mind that I want to be less self-conscious around them, because they aren't, and I shouldn't be either.
Or rather, they don't act like they're self-conscious... they don't to be.

Fatness 11-08-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle (Post 4522500)
Excellent points!!! I would not care if people did say I was obsessed with it. Most people are not focused ENOUGH on controlling their weight and health. Glad you commented on this, as that part had slid right by me LOL

Thanks and sorry for the typo guys! But this topic had me hot! Smile :D

Fatness 11-08-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bargoo (Post 4522252)
I don't talk about dieting or weight loss with others if I can help it. The less I talk about it the fewer the unwanted comments I get.

I try to not talk about my weightloss; but my family and friends see the diffrence. However, I feel we should be able to talk about it to anyone Without them criticising our ideas or dieting plans. What is so, funny; is that. A lot of none overweight people think they are health because they are thinner then us. But, they are so wrong!

Wait.. Until you get your new body and watch how your gods react! I know my gas act diff towards me. Well 2 of them do.

Misti in Seattle 11-08-2012 07:30 AM

Interesting that when we are pigging out and binging on junk food, nobody ever says we are obsessed with burgers and fries. :) But start to work hard at getting in shape and we are obsessed LOL

Teresa66 11-08-2012 08:05 AM

I just rejoined this site and one of the reasons is because I need to be obsessed with weight-loss. I can step on the scale and look in the mirror and see what not obsessing is doing for me.

Misti in Seattle 11-08-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa66 (Post 4522606)
I just rejoined this site and one of the reasons is because I need to be obsessed with weight-loss. I can step on the scale and look in the mirror and see what not obsessing is doing for me.

LOL VERY well said!!! Most people could stand to "obsess' a bit more.

I'm off to obsess for another day!! :)