When do you feel you look your best/worst?

• I've just been noticing some trends in the way my body image changes based on times and places!

When I'm at the gym, watching myself in the mirror exercising, especially lifting, every day I look at myself and think "girl, you are hot stuff!!" Almost regardless of how big or small I have been, at that time I almost always feel like I look great!

On the other hand, again regardless of my actual size, in the bathtub and afterwards I tend to really notice my flabbier bits and not feel so great looking at my body.

So I'm just curious- how do you others find your perception of your body changes?
  • For some reason first thing in the morning before eating i feel like i look the smallest so i feel the hottest then lol and i feel the worse on my TOM..all during it and after big meals.
  • Hi there! I understand where you are coming from about the lifting and the mirror. I'm finally at the point where my arm fat is disappearing and my muscles are showing and it's so crazy to see that "cut" from my deltoid muscle and small bump in my biceps without flexing.

I feel my best when I wear cute workout clothes. I use to wear oversized t-shirts and pants and now I'm wearing yoga pants and racerback workout tanks with matching running shoes.

I feel my worst when I miss a workout - I feel sluggish and usually lack energy.
  • I feel my best at the gym too... Especially after a hard workout when I'm sweaty, red faced and feeling awesome. Haha!

I feel my worst after a few days off plan... Extra food and salt make me bloated, nothing fits right and I feel like a slob.
  • i feel my best, in the studio. because i can see the sheer power i have gained.
    consequently, i also feel best when i am on plan, and not overstuffed. ironically, what i miss most at those times are the food.

i feel my worst after a binge, or after over-eating, but best in the sense of that familiar "food" comfort.
  • i feel my best on days that i work out...and i feel my best in clothes that i'm comfortable in that i know look good on me

i feel my worst when i'm sick, when i've overate, and when i eat more sugar than normal
  • I feel the worst when I am laying in bed. I sleep in the nude and when I am sitting down in bed, my fat is all squished up and I look like the michelin man. Then ofcourse I can't help but touch it and grab it which just makes it sooo much worse.

I feel the best about 2 days after TOM since I bloat really bad during TOM that when I finally become unbloated, I feel like I lost 20 pounds!
  • I feel my best right after I push myself through a workout. Something about being covered in sweat, and completely exausted makes me feel like I'm really taking care of my body.

My worse....well anytime I look into my bathroom mirror. I sware this mirror is off or something. Its the only mirror I think I look horrible in, and everything I'm wearing when standing in front of it, makes me look and feel like a stuffed sausage...
    And when I feel like I went over my normal food intake 0.o
  • I feel that I look my best after a shower, with my hair dried and straightened, looking in the mirror. My worst is when I'm wearing something frumpy with my hair in a pony tail. I also feel like I look better in the mirror than I do in photographs. For me my perception of my appearance doesn't change while I'm excercising.
  • I'm with a lot of you, I suppose it's only natural, but of course I also feeling terrible after overeating and being bloated. For some reason, immediately after overeating or binging I actually feel good about myself, because I can look in the mirror and say "hey, I binged, but at least I'm still this thin!!" But then the next day that's all gone and I just feel like I look awful. :/
  • Those feelings can come and go several times a day for me. Good to bad, bad to good, etc.
  • It's so strange, I HATE watching myself workout. I don't think it's my best look. However, I do FEEL my best either after a good work out or after a couple of days on plan. I look my best in my bathroom mirror- but then EVERYONE looks their best in my bathroom mirror, the lighting is perfect and wayyy better than even photoshop.
  • I feel/look my worst before/during TOM and just after having a nutritional blunder, as soon as the results reflect on my body one way or another.