Diet gone, but not forgotten....

• I didn't know where I should post this, but I think support is the best place.

I feel happy but disappointed in myself at the same time. While my husband was deployed I did so well and lost 30lbs. But, he came home in mid-july and my diet went down the drain. With that said, I made some changes in my life and very luckily have been able to maintain my weight loss. Yes, after 3 months I am still at 153, which is wonderful. We moved from the country to the city into an apartment on the 5th floor with no elevator and I walk my dogs 4-6km a day, so I know it is all this exercise keeping off the weight!! haha.

But, I am disappointed that since he has been home, I am back to being focused on my family, and not myself. That is how I got fat in the first place. We have a lot of changes coming these next few months (we are moving back to america) and it is the holidays. I really want to continue my weight loss and reach goal, and be able to maintain at goal weight. Honestly, right now I feel fatter than I ever have before. Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it is true.

I am confused and don't know how to balance home life, work and the whole "dieting" thing.

Help....
  • I think the fact that you maintained is great. That's a success. Sure, losing more would also be a success, but maintenance is hard! You've proven that once you hit goal weight, you can stay there. That's huge. You just need a new motivator to get you to your goal weight now.