Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #16  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Thumbs up

I agree I'm down to eating it 1 x per week. It really isn't good for you at all.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:59 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'5.3"

Where I live, most people are fairly thin. I don't really see many obese women at all. But I have definitely become less judging and more accepting. This has helped with my own body image. A couple of years ago, I would look at people and focus on all the imperfections, to make myself feel better - terrible, I know. But I was 14 years old. Now, I've taught myself to find all the beautiful things in everyone, and that has created the ability in me to find the positive things in myself too. So all in general, everything is a bit brighter and more 'pink' because of my changed way of thinking - at least, that's how I feel now. I still have ups and downs of course. )

I kind of have an example of this - I recently joined a gym, and I started dancing zumba, latinmix, funk and stuff. A year ago, I wouldn't have been able to dance my heart out, because I was so judging, and thought that everyone judged everybody as much as I did. But now, I realized that I trust the people around me a bit more, and I've learnt to not care as much about how I look when I'm dancing and such. :-)

I have quite a skeptical view when it comes to the food industry, though. But that might just be a good thing :-P
Luffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #18  

I've noticed it too. I was in a meeting on Friday and looked around the table... People with big bellies and could hardly fit in the chairs, I think there was only 2 out of 13 that were thinner than me.

I have a lot left to lose, I also have my own body image problems.

I find myself thinking "why is she buying/eating that crap!" When I go out or shopping.

Sometimes I catch myself wanting to stop people while they are in considering the gym we go to. I just want to tell them to sign up and be committed, it has changed our lives in ways I wouldn't have ever imagined!

I have been excited that soon I will be the same size as the "average" woman in the country. Excited I went to buy new jeans and didn't have to look in the plus section. Lots to be thankful for!
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #19  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I notice myself thinking about it a lot at work when I see large people coming out of the cafeteria with burgers and fries almost every day. I just think to myself, geez, that food is so awful for them. If only they would.....

I can't make other people change and so I don't try, but it's hard to stop thinking those thoughts.

Last edited by Vex; 10-21-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote