3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   How often do you weigh yourself? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/268314-how-often-do-you-weigh-yourself.html)

fatgiraffe 10-17-2012 04:53 PM

How often do you weigh yourself?

What is your method? Once a day? Once a week? More? Less? What ways do you track your weight?

1987 10-17-2012 04:58 PM

Every day. Naked, first thing.

Fatness 10-17-2012 04:59 PM

Wednesday and Monday. So, two times a week.
I use the beam scale at planetfitness and the scale at GNC to track my weight.

LockItUp 10-17-2012 05:00 PM

I weigh daily, and typically at night as well. Sometimes more. Works for me that way. It's kind of just a habit at this point. I'm used to the normal fluctuations, and it typically doesn't get under my skin going up a lb or 2 for no apparent reason.

HungryHungryHippo 10-17-2012 05:00 PM

Once a week. I can't stand the drama of day-to-day fluctuations.

JoJoJo2 10-17-2012 05:11 PM

I am "maintaining" a 65 lb. weight loss so I weigh myself daily, first thing in the morning. This helps me stay on track as I can stop a gain in weight before it gets out of control.

We each need to find a routine that works, as we are all different. The scale is just a tool that can be helpful, very helpful. :wave:

XLMuffnTop 10-17-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockItUp (Post 4500763)
I weigh daily, and typically at night as well. Sometimes more. Works for me that way. It's kind of just a habit at this point. I'm used to the normal fluctuations, and it typically doesn't get under my skin going up a lb or 2 for no apparent reason.

This.

I really look more at my morning weight though as that's most consistent (pee, naked, then get on the scale). But I do hop on throughout the day if I'm in the bathroom or something. I know about how much I go up on a normal day. I actually "track" my weight once a day on Fridays. That's what counts for my weekly loss.

juliastl27 10-17-2012 05:32 PM

i weigh obsessively but only record my weight once a week. wednesday is the day it "counts".

Garnet2727 10-17-2012 05:37 PM

I weigh every morning after I get rid of used food and drink. However, I only record my weight on Sunday morning. Watching the daily fluctuations of my weight helps keep me calm.

Missy Krissy 10-17-2012 05:40 PM

Daily in the morning, in underwear, after peeing. Also, the scale is on the same bathroom tile.

I "count" my weight only on Fridays. I found that when I go a few days without weighing, it's easier for me to go off plan and over eat, so I weigh in daily to keep myself accountable.

Michi702 10-17-2012 05:48 PM

I got REALLY obsessed with weighing at one point. I think you need to do what will keep you healthiest mentally and physically - some people can go every day and not obsess over it or become neurotic. I weigh a few times a week because I'm doing a weight loss challenge at work and I like to compare to what my scale at home says vs work. I highly suggest that if you find yourself becoming too crazy about the number on the scale, then limit yourself to just once a week or once every few days and instead focus on what you're putting into your body.

Good luck!

Em Coconut 10-17-2012 05:54 PM

Every friday. Usually every other day, or sometimes even daily. But only fridays really count.

olleharr 10-17-2012 05:58 PM

Every day for me. It keeps me on track.

penmage 10-17-2012 05:59 PM

I weigh every morning, naked, usually before and after using the bathroom. I keep track on an app on my phone. I only input the day's weight if it's less, by at least half a pound, than the previously recorded weight. Once a month I go through and delete the earlier weights in the month, leaving only the last weigh in (so I'd keep August 31, September 30, etc.) to keep things from getting too busy and crazy on the graph. One data point a month over a year is easier to look at than 365 data points over the year!

SunnySide99 10-17-2012 06:02 PM

I use to weigh myself every Wednesday. It was helpful for me to gauge my progress. Things started to change once I started lifting heavier weights. My body started to look great but the scale would not move. I knew I was eating healthy and inches were falling off of me. So to keep my sanity I stopped weighing myself weekly and now it's only a couple times per month mainly for tracking purposes.

It works for me because I'm more concerned with losing inches and how my clothes fit.