How do I lose the last 10 lbs?

• Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and there are so many threads...it's overwhelming.

I'm 5'3, petite frame and currently weigh 121...10 lbs over my "best for me" weight.
    I exercise regularly (pilates, circuit and bootcamp 3 days a week and walking) and had success with the 17 day Diet plan to reach my goal of 111 lbs. But now I'm back up and the 17 day plan isn't cutting it...even on the first phase.

I'm looking for suggestions to take off the last 10lbs, which I know is the hardest.

Any advice is greatly appreciated...what worked for you for the last 10 lbs?
  • Nothing- I always have the same last 5-10lbs to lose! I would love to hear the responses you get...

I have even wondered if I should reevaluate my goal, but NO, I'm sticking to it.
  • It is very challenging for a number of reasons. A big reason is you're fighting against hormones ... even professional fitness models have an on and off season and those are the people who were never fat and have the best genetics.

I generally reccomend intermittent fasting or ultimate diet 2.0 for these types of situations.

One thing to consider though is how difficult it will be to maintain the weight when you're 5-10 lbs leaner. Ultimately it might not be worth the effort.

I'm sure there are exceptions to this but those people I know who are very lean ... their lives revolve around fitness and dieting.
  • I am in exactly the same position as you, same height, weight and goal. What has worked for me during the last 10 pounds seems to be still working so not planning on making any drastic changes yet. Why fix what's not broken right? I am currently eating 1300-1400 calories a day and light exercise. Really focusing on vegetables, drinking 2 litres of water a day, brown breads, rice etc. I've never had bad skin but have seen such an amazing difference in it since all the water. Will be interested too to read the replies!
  • Quote: I'm sure there are exceptions to this but those people I know who are very lean ... their lives revolve around fitness and dieting.
    I have a feeling that for someone (like me) in middle age, managing to get abs again and maintaining that kind of shape is going to be like keeping a beach ball underwater. Let up for one second and - whammo! - it's outta there. Keeping abs is going to be very difficult, methinks.