3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Fallen off the wagon....hard (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/267978-fallen-off-wagon-hard.html)

Katbot24 10-12-2012 02:52 PM

Fallen off the wagon....hard

So these past two weeks have been...interesting. I haven't gained back any weight but I haven't lost either, and what first started as a plateau has turned into a demoralizing experience. One that has prompted me to over eat. Most days I'll only eat a little more than I should. Bumping me up to maintenance. But today, oh boy, today was a binge FEST: a burger and fries and candy! I couldn't help myself!

I still have a looooong way to goal, and my mini goal was to get to onederland this month, with 19 days left these 9 lbs are insurmountable. So no onederland is month. But I need to get back on track!

How do people pull it all back after spiraling? Any little mental tricks/tips to help me get back on this wagon?

stimkovs 10-12-2012 03:05 PM

Hey, you can do it!

So you ate a little?

Seems carby. Were you restricting? (generally- i believe you're calorie counting, and most calorie counters do restrict carbs, not on purpose, but you know...carbs give you the least bang for your quantity of food buck). whatever, it happens.

Bright side? Go workout, you're going to have a killer workout. I always have my best times/endurances/most strength after a carb-load, because really? All you did was carb-load....nothing more nothing less.

Katbot24 10-12-2012 04:32 PM

I do carb restrict, mostly because I'm a carb fiend and I can't stop if I do eat it.

I guess I can pick up from here and just start over. I can still lose 5 lbs this month!

masterptr 10-12-2012 04:36 PM

I had a bad day yesterday. and stress seems to harm me most.
after 3600 calories yesterday, I walked 9 miles this morning. still not tired...
hahaha
today is a new day and tomorrow will be even better!
Good Luck all!

krampus 10-12-2012 04:39 PM

Eating at maintenance >>>>>> grossly overeating. Sometimes you don't meet weight loss goal deadlines and that's OK. Wasn't it just Thanksgiving too? You'll get back to losing when you feel like it. Me, I get sick of wings and beer after a few days off track and crave salad and protein and regular sleep hours and workouts. You probably will too.

Second what stimkovs said about working out, too!

sensualappeal 10-12-2012 04:47 PM

Ugh I'm in the SAME boat. Good luck!

LockItUp 10-12-2012 04:54 PM

Idk, falling off the wagon HARD and NOT gaining weight. I applaud you for that! That's a pretty note-worthy accomplishment!

You will probably be in onederland in early November! That's not far away at all!

19 days left and if you get right back on track I'd bet you'll lose a few good lbs of water weight straight away that will be a huge motivator. Forgive yourself for any "wrong" you perceive that you have done. The rest of the journey, and maintenance, will likely be full of times like this. You're doing great, don't let a few weeks of maintenance be your downfall!