3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Canadian Thanksgiving news (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/267728-canadian-thanksgiving-news.html)

freelancemomma 10-08-2012 09:17 PM

Canadian Thanksgiving news

Just survived Canadian Thanksgiving (today) without too much damage. I read a newspaper article earlier today saying that people will leave the Thanksgiving table "stuffed" after consuming an estimated 1,125 calories. My first thought was: WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE WHO FEEL STUFFED AFTER 1,125 CALORIES???

F.

LockItUp 10-08-2012 09:23 PM

If Canadian T-giving is anything like American T-giving, I've had slices of pie that were about 1200 calories, and I was just warming up. I cringe to think of how many calories it would take for me to feel stuffed!

Brandis 10-08-2012 09:36 PM

I think on average I probably eat about 5,000 cals on an average Thanksgiving, because I usually eat about 3 or 4 different desserts on top of the ginormous plate of food with two or three pieces of bread. That is after I have been snacking on stuff all day leading up to the event. Come to think of it, it's way more calories than I'd like to calculate. I will do better this year. Or maybe I'll just fast for a day before and a day after...

freelancemomma 10-08-2012 09:54 PM

Thanks for making me feel less abnormal.;)

F.

MizMelis 10-08-2012 10:08 PM

lol I also survived Canadian Thanksgiving without too much damage. Since it was just my parents and I and my son, it was a relatively "small" meal compared to what others would have eaten. I made the dinner myself this year and the Turkey was amazing ! I also went off Paleo just for today and didn't really snack all that much because i wanted to eat as much turkey as i could stuff in my mouth lol. We didn't do desserts today though, I was going to make pie, but i didn't check the day before to make sure i had everything.

I'm pretty sure i'm over my calorie limit for today since i did make a small mug of home made cocoa tonight as a "dessert", but nothing too detrimental that's going to effect my weight loss this week. But then again it may not be too bad since my plate was mostly veggies. (the cocoa is what probably put me over lol)

memememe76 10-09-2012 12:08 AM

Yeah, I find that number absolutely low. Maybe the statisticians included babies or people who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, which would lower the average.

Atarimae 10-09-2012 02:08 AM

Maybe the article read you had a typo! Unless that number is an estimate for /one/ meal. Seriously though, if that's not the case, that is really low!

canadianwoman 10-09-2012 02:51 AM

I survived Thanksgiving. We never celebrated it. LOL. My youngest son and I discussed this last week. I asked him, since it was just the 2 of us, and neither of us like turkey and a ham, roast or a chicken would be too much meat for us we decided to just have one of our usual dinners. We enjoyed it and had a nice pot of tea afterwards.

EricAnn 10-09-2012 04:21 AM

I'm pretty sure I ate 1,125 calories of just turkey today... :/ It was delicious though!

freelancemomma 10-09-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarimae (Post 4492324)
Maybe the article read you had a typo! Unless that number is an estimate for /one/ meal. Seriously though, if that's not the case, that is really low!

It was the estimate for Thanksgiving dinner, and it wasn't a typo because the article mentioned it was almost half of a man's daily requirements.

F.

Ruthxxx 10-09-2012 07:08 AM

My family would go through that many calories just snacking and drinking while waiting for dinner! They must have checked out a bunch of amateurs.

dangerouscurvesahead 10-09-2012 08:32 AM

oh lordy, i dont even want to estimate what ill end up consuming in calories on our turkey day! but that 1100 i can guarantee will be done before the actual meal even begins! hope yall had a great turkey day up that way!!!

SunnySide99 10-09-2012 09:44 AM

I too survived my first Canadian Thanksgiving with my weight loss. We celebrate Canadian and American holidays, but I feel confident I can get through all of these upcoming events in my family (birthdays/anniversaries/holidays) successfully.

The trick for me was to drink a lot of water throughout the day, use a smaller plate and watch the portions.

freelancemomma 10-09-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx (Post 4492424)
They must have checked out a bunch of amateurs.

LOL!

F.

ICUwishing 10-09-2012 04:43 PM

Seriously, add a zero. :D