I fell off the wagon, and it's time to get back on...

• Ahhh! I haven't been on here since 4/13... And that's pretty much when the diet (read: "lifestyle change") went out the window.

We moved across country over the summer, and things have finally settled down. So it's time to get back on it...

I can tell by the way my clothes are fitting that I've gained weight. :-( Most likely most of what I had previously lost.

However, I'm afraid to even weigh myself. Blah! I know it's back up over 200...

But I've decided to give myself a headstart (about a month) and then I'll weigh myself in November? I know I'm just playing head games with myself. But whatever works right? My husband is also starting the plan back up, and he thinks I need to know my starting weight.

I told him, that I can already tell I've gained, and I'll just go with my previous high. I don't need it to be exact. I haven't had to buy new clothes over the summer. I just know that the new ones I bought in spring after I lost weight are now not so cute...

So it's time... So far so good...3 days of exercise and eating right. (And I'm hating every minute it of it) I seriously dislike eating right and exercising. How do I get past that? If I keep it up, I'm usually fine and I can stick with it fine because it's become a routine. But I've never enjoyed it.
  • First of all, great job for coming back and realizing it's time to start up again!

I started up (again) exactly a month ago, but I decided in order to really put things into perspective, I had to know how much I gained. And of course, I started at square one, 174 lbs. Again. For the second time.

If you think that you are really able to stay on track by using your previous high as a starting point, then by all means do so! The only reason why I would suggest weighing yourself again is that you'd want to make sure you're taking in an adequate amount of calories, plus depending on your style, it might be easier to remain accountable. That's just my opinion though!

Also, eating right doesn't have to be gross at all! I find that I love a lot of Italian and Mexican foods, so I use "the good" stuff and sub out "the bad" stuff. Last night I made myself a skinny chicken parm, with chicken breast cooked in the tomato sauce to avoid oil/frying and instead of a pasta side, I had a ton of broccoli. Honestly, I haven't felt so full and satisfied from any of my previous meals like I did with that one. That's a keeper! (I also thought when I weighed in this morning, I'd show a gain due to the amount I ate, but I lost a little!)

All in all, I'm sure there are a ton of recipes out there that can make eating right taste yummy! What kind of plan are you on? That could help with getting the right suggestions!
  • Welcome back!

What do you not like about "eating right"? Are you excluding all foods you enjoy, or are you just hungry all the time? You certainly don't have to do that! As far as exercise, meh, I don't always enjoy it, but I'm ALWAYS glad I did it. Try picking the types of exercises you dislike the least, to start. If you struggle through it, and consciously always dislike it, it will be very hard to stick to long term.

As far as weighing yourself. That's a totally personal thing! Just make sure that you are ok with the fact that when you step on that scale in November it could be discouraging because you will have no idea how far you've come since you restarted, and you still may not like the number the scale tells you. I'm a "need to know" type of gal, so it would drive me nuts not knowing. But if all it will do is discourage you, then it's probably the right decision to wait.
  • We're doing low-carb. So lots of protein, green veggies, eating 6 times a day. 3 meals, 3 snacks... I honestly don't feel as hungry. We've had success with it in the past.

The exercise is not hard to fit in, it's just during my toddler's nap time, and I'd just rather be doing something else that's more of a down time thing. I feel like I'm constantly running around and on my feet. So when he naps I used to rest.

But yeah, the food thing. I love food. Plain and simple. I love good food. Not it's almost like the real thing, food. lol... And I know we can still have that, just in moderation. Obviously eating ice cream every night is not good for you...lol...
  • [QUOTE=Dejavugirl;4487404]
    But yeah, the food thing. I love food. Plain and simple. I love good food. Not it's almost like the real thing, food. QUOTE]

Me too! I love eating "disgusting" greasy foods. And not in moderation. Of course, that's how I came to be overweight. Sigh.
  • welcome back, im there with ya as i came back in August.

im different i guess, i would HAVE to weigh myself to make sure i was losing, but to each his own!
  • Well, as far as the not weighing myself, I feel like since I can tell I've gained with how my clothes feel, I should be able to tell that I've lost as well. I remember how my pants felt...I hadn't bought new ones yet, and they were just hanging on my hips. Now...not so much...lol...