Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #1  

Default I start today

Started my life change today. ATe pretty well. Worked out for an hour and drank alot of water. Do people weigh themselves everyday or every week? What do you find more productive? I WEIGHED IN AT 241 TODAY. Hoping to get to 200 by October.

Last edited by huskyfella; 06-09-2013 at 10:55 PM.
huskyfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Awesome!. Sounds like you're in a great place ready to do this. I weigh myself every week, I think weighing myself every day would drive me crazy.
Good luck!
Joil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Gratz on starting!! I weigh myself every day. A - it helps me keep on track through the week, if I see that number starting to go down I'm less tempted to go off plan during the week. B - I worry that if I only weighed once a week I'd be setting myself up for disappointment. If I'm going through my week thinking I must be losing a lot cause I'm doing so well and I weigh in and haven't lost anything, that let down could make me depressed and tempted to throw in the towel. The less surprises the better for me

But everyone is different! You've gotta find what works for you
KindaSortaAthlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #4  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Default Guy Movie for Weight Loss!

huskyfella--seeing your posts makes me want to tell you about a movie I just saw about a young guy losing weight. It was a great film [I think it got some awards somewhere] and it even inspired me, a middle-aged woman. Maybe you'd like it:

I watched it on Netflix instant video, its called "Lbs" with Carmine Famiglietti as the guy trying to lose the weight.

Best wishes,
spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

I weigh myself every day. I found that weighing once a week really upset me when the scale didn't show what I was expecting it to. Now at least I'm more prepared.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #6  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I think when to weigh is a personal decision. The important think is to make sure you're weighing at the same time every day, under the same circumstances. For example - first thing in the morning in e same clothes, on the same scale.

I'm a daily weigher, but it isn't for everybody. You have to know that some days you'll see the scale go up. Rather than get frustrated you have to be able to take a step back and look at the trend rather than the one day.

I'm trying to reach ONE-derland (199) by October 1. I've lost nearly 40 pounds since March 30, so it's definitely do-able!

Good luck, we're here for support!

Last edited by SuperHeroTeacher; 06-12-2013 at 05:37 PM.
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #7  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

I personally weigh myself every day. But only track it once a week. I find this helps me see where I'm going and if I need to be more strict or if I can relax and give myself a treat. If I don't check it out daily I find that I end up disappointed. But just like SuperHeroTeacher said, same time each day and under the same conditions. I do it in the morning naked (so I don't have to question if the clothes weigh more or less), but do whatever works best for you! Good luck! You can do it!

Last edited by tehshort1; 06-12-2013 at 06:04 PM.
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #8  

I lost 3 lbs this week.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #9  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Way to go!!!! Sounds like you're doing great so far!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Hi there, and congratulations on getting started! The journey to health really is one that you will be on for the rest of your life, but oh my! The benefits you will reap are out of this world!!!

I've been on my "get healthy" journey since Jan 2011. I've lost quite a bit, and the only time I really put anything "significant" back on (more than 2-3 lbs) is during vacations. For me, the weighing thing changes - at first, I was very adamant about only weighing in weekly, as I felt I would get too obsessed. That worked for me for a long time, but then I started feeling weekly was making me too crazy, so I refocused on healthy habits during the week rather than how much I gained/lost. After my last vacation this past April, I've been struggling to drop the 10 lbs I regained (lack of motivation, really) - I'm not gaining, but I'm certainly not losing! So, I decided last week to start weighing daily, just to bring my focus back to losing those 10 (and the last 10, past that!).

So, my advice is find out what really works for you - to keep you focused, motivated, but not crazy. Then, don't be scared to modify based on where you are and what's going on. I've already dropped 4 lbs since weighing in every day, but more than likely when I hit goal, I'll go back to a couple times per month (unless it is post-vacation or holiday!).

Good luck!!
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #11  

Hey everyone thanks for the kind words. Man i just raided my pantry and binged on sugar. Im upset with myself. I just burned 800 cals at the gum and i came home starving and ate everything in sight. Man im frustrated
Old 06-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #12  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Don't worry about it, just get right back on track.

Take it as a lesson learned. I usually eat a small high protein snack about 1/2 hour before I workout and keep another handy for when I'm done.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote