Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #31  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
Not going for the DKNY's at all???
I might, but I wanted to try on several brands. I didn't like the fit of the Ann Taylor jeans today. The pockets on the butt were too low. The DkNY ones I tried yesterday were mauve. Not going to buy mauve jeans. I'll try serval brands tomorrow. I just didn't have time today.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #32  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Ironically enough when I dressed for work today I complained about how all my new 12s I bought last month are baggy. I did try a 10 on at Walmart about 2 weeks ago and it was muffin-top-madness. But I have dropped about 7 pounds since then. Maybe I will try!
And trying on one pair of cheaply made jeans are not going to be the measure of all jeans in that size. Seriously, go to Goodwill or Marshall's or TJMaxx. You can get nice jeans for much cheaper than mall prices and they will fit much better than WalMart and the like.

Seems I'm in an 8 now which is crazy and can button and zip the 6s without stuffing myself in them "too" much. Holy crud!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #33  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
And trying on one pair of cheaply made jeans are not going to be the measure of all jeans in that size. Seriously, go to Goodwill or Marshall's or TJMaxx. You can get nice jeans for much cheaper than mall prices and they will fit much better than WalMart and the like.

Seems I'm in an 8 now which is crazy and can button and zip the 6s without stuffing myself in them "too" much. Holy crud!
You're right. I just have flashbacks of going into dressing rooms and crying because nothing fit (at well over 200 pounds). I've just never been below a 12 (or maybe I have and have always just been way too scared to try anything below a 12). Thanks for the inspiration!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #34  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

So can't we just all sit back and laugh at the irony of being torn between a size 6 and 8? Heck! They're size 6 and 8 - no matter what, that's incredible!!!!!!

And I do beleive the more you pay for clothes, the smaller the size is you get. I think they do that on purpose
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #35  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
So can't we just all sit back and laugh at the irony of being torn between a size 6 and 8? Heck! They're size 6 and 8 - no matter what, that's incredible!!!!!!

And I do beleive the more you pay for clothes, the smaller the size is you get. I think they do that on purpose
Until a point - then the really high end stuff does less vanity sizing. Like Diane Von Furstenberg. I have a wrap dress by her and a wool dress. They are 14 and 12 respectively, and to fit in that 12 comfortably, I would like to lose another 10 or get smaller through workouts. Same with other super high end designers (I sometimes try them on at the outlets for fun - SAKS and Nordstroms) I got my DVF dresses at a consignment shop, I first thought maybe it was an older style, so perhaps vanity sizing hadn't 'hit' yet, but i've tried her current stuff on too and I need a 14 to fit perfect.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #36  
Melissa

I will start with saying. I do not like these jeans. I don't like the placement of the pockets. I don't like the super skinny leg, but that's what Ann Taylor had, so that's what I tried. I can only tell which size is which by knowing which pants I tried first and what order I took the photos. When I held the pants up side by side - maybe a half inch difference in size. Add in lycra, and that's hardly different at all.

Here are the pants I tried on: http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/product...aultColor=1107

It says for size 8: 28.5" waist, 38.5" hip. size 6: 27.5" waist, 37.5" hip.

Here are the size 8:

Here are the size 6:

And this is what I was wearing today... No, I don't usually have a nice camera with me, but I was taking photos for work today, so I had it with me:

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 09-27-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Cute dress!

Honestly they both look they fit fine to me, I can tell in the legs of the 6s that they are tighter but it doesn't seem to be at a "omg you look bad" level of tightness.

Id say keep searching because neither of these look like they will give you the challenge you seem like you want.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #38  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
Cute dress!

Honestly they both look they fit fine to me, I can tell in the legs of the 6s that they are tighter but it doesn't seem to be at a "omg you look bad" level of tightness.

Id say keep searching because neither of these look like they will give you the challenge you seem like you want.
I agree. And I LOVE that dresss!!!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #39  
Melissa

Ok... but some jeans today. I decided to go with a size 6.

Here are my current jeans (taken at home). Size 10 DKNY... I realize now that they are a bit frumpy, but because of the lycra, they don't fall down. I'll still wear them though.

Here are a size 8 Lucky brand with a skinny leg (or straight):

And here are a size 6 in Lucky Brand, boot cut. This is the FIRST pair of boot cut that I like. They don't have a huge flare. These are the ones I bought. I 'could' wear them today. The sales associate (who was actually helpful and not pushy) and another lady there who was trying on jeans says they're wearable now. I hardly have a muffin top and I purposefully wore a form fitting T-shirt for trying on jeans today.

I will just work on getting this to fit and look better:

I grabbed a couple size 4s too. I knew they would be tooooooo small, but I wanted to see if they would ever be a possibility. And no way. I think 6 will be the smallest jeans size I will be able to go. These are the exact jeans I got: http://www.luckybrand.com/Sofia-Boot...ectedColor=460 I got them from Nordstroms where they were 40% off and then I had a $20 giftcard, so they cost $41 with tax - not bad!

Still need a large in dresses (or a 10, sometimes 12) as I have big boobies and a large chest, but wow!!! In a few months I might be wearing all size 6s on bottom! (We'll see!)
Old 10-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #40  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Ok... but some jeans today. I decided to go with a size 6.

Here are my current jeans (taken at home). Size 10 DKNY... I realize now that they are a bit frumpy, but because of the lycra, they don't fall down. I'll still wear them though.

Here are a size 8 Lucky brand with a skinny leg (or straight):

And here are a size 6 in Lucky Brand, boot cut. This is the FIRST pair of boot cut that I like. They don't have a huge flare. These are the ones I bought. I 'could' wear them today. The sales associate (who was actually helpful and not pushy) and another lady there who was trying on jeans says they're wearable now. I hardly have a muffin top and I purposefully wore a form fitting T-shirt for trying on jeans today.

I will just work on getting this to fit and look better:

I grabbed a couple size 4s too. I knew they would be tooooooo small, but I wanted to see if they would ever be a possibility. And no way. I think 6 will be the smallest jeans size I will be able to go. These are the exact jeans I got: http://www.luckybrand.com/Sofia-Boot...ectedColor=460 I got them from Nordstroms where they were 40% off and then I had a $20 giftcard, so they cost $41 with tax - not bad!

Still need a large in dresses (or a 10, sometimes 12) as I have big boobies and a large chest, but wow!!! In a few months I might be wearing all size 6s on bottom! (We'll see!)
I like the size 6 lucky boot cut ... they look good, but snug enough that they would be considered a goal pants ,... You look awesome!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/147

Height: 5'8"

Berry you look awesome! I second the size 6 Lucky boot cut. Very cute!
konablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #42  
Keeping it real!

So how'd it go? And what jeans did you pick?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #43  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

Height: 5'6

Off topic and I do apologize, but is this event through the Columbia Assoc. in MD? If so, I want to join in too!

You look fabulous in all of the jeans. The Lucky Brand jeans are my favorite- that's a great wash on you.
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #44  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Quote:
Not so fast! I lost my boobs at the very end. Even though I wear a 32DD, most of my tops are now a med or small.

Berry, you look great and we're not that far off in size. I'll admit that I'm pretty cheap and that most of my jeans are from thrift stores (gotta love Platos Closet) so I don't really know how old they are. But when I take jeans in a dressing room, I bring anything between a 4 (especially if at TJ Maxx which is the only "real" store I shop at) and a 10. I usually buy a 6 or 8--mid rise, skinny or straight cuts. I love Calvin Klein jeans and those are usually an 8. I do have some boot cuts and trouser jeans (6) but they're not my go-to jeans. But my DD25 tells me that I wear some of my jeans too loose so who really knows.

I have too many pairs of jeans. Last winter I could not find a pair of boot cuts that I had loved the previous winter. I found them in the Spring and wore them for the first time this season yesterday.

Last edited by losermom; 10-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #45  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

When I checked that What Size am I link, and added in my measurements, it determined that I'm mostly a 10. Berry, maybe we're not measuring correctly? Weird because I used to be a professional tailor so I know how to take measurements.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote