3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   HELP PLEASE - Stuck in a rut (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/26698-help-please-stuck-rut.html)

UDCareBear 04-15-2003 12:05 PM

HELP PLEASE - Stuck in a rut

Hi everybody. I'm somewhat new to the board and I hope you can help. I joined weight watchers almost a year ago. I've lost almost 30 lbs too. Great but I've been maintaining that since Aug and I've not been able to loose more. I want to get down to 170. Thats about 40 more lbs to go and I need your help. I bought the Walk away the pounds tapes and just started doing them every day this past week. I think I might need to get exercise into the picture to get out of this hole. Any tips or ideas? I'd like to try new things just want to make sure I can do it... the firm and pilates look very difficult and complex. If you can help at all pleaseeee !! Thanks guys.
-Carrie

RobinW 04-15-2003 05:21 PM

Carrie, if you havent been exercising at all, starting it up and keeping at it will very likely kick up your weight loss.

Good Luck :)

mthrgoos68 04-18-2003 09:21 AM

Carrie,

I agree with RobinH, the exercise should definitely shake things up a bit. Stay faithful to it and try to get some kind of exercise in every day. It definitely helps with the weight loss and will also help you to feel better. I know I'm more motivated to stay OP after I've exercised too.

Hang in there!! You've made some great progress and should be proud of yourself.

RavenToy 04-18-2003 09:34 AM

Hey there .. congrats on the loss so far! You're doing GREAT! Exercise makes a HUGE difference. The WATP tapes are good, I like them a lot. Pilates isn't as complicated as it may look. Frustrating at first, but if you stick with it, the results are very impressive. You might want to try incorporating some type of weight lifting in there, too. Muscle development is a GOOD thing!!

Yaseta 04-22-2003 12:55 PM

You're doing exactly the right thing. When you're stuck, shake things up! Soon you'll need to do more than walking though, and don't forget that building muscle is very important in speeding up your metabolism. You may gain weight initially, but it will be muscle and you'll be a smaller size.

Our fight with weightloss is a result of our bodies' tendency to reach homeostasis or set point. You have to constantly challenge your body, change up your eating patterns, and fool it into thinking you're not starving. I also found that eating 6 small meals a day instead of 3 bigger ones helps fool my system, and I'm also less hungry on the same amount (or less) of food.

I started off 220 pounds (31 BMI) and slow walking. That worked for 5 months. But now at 163 I have to run intervals and lift weights to see any change. I don't mind though, now I'm a competitive athlete and I won the masters division last Saturday in a 5K race! Woo! Two years ago I couldn't run 1/4 mile.