Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default 180s here I come!!!

So I made that last thread before I made this thread, and it should've been the other way around. But that's irrelevant, the important thing is that I FINALLY broke out of that 190-191 bullcrap and FINALLY got into the 180s! OH SNAP! Gosh, I haven't been this small since I was in the 4th grade. Yes, I weighed this much as a 4th grader. Yikes!

So...I kinda feel like this is foreign territory. I mean, to me, once you hit the 180s it's like even though technically you're not at a normal weight, but people don't freak out about a weight that's in the 180s like they do higher weights. And most people I know who say they're in the 180s really don't LOOK fat, although they might be considered overweight/borderline obese. So...is this the major body change decade? Am I about to look..dare I say...normal? This is so weird to me. This whole experience has been weird to me. I'm not used to getting all the attention I get now. I'm not used to people all of a sudden thinking I'm worth talking to. I'm not used to attracting a crowd when I go out (this has happened recently, haha). It's weird! It's what I've always wanted....but it's kinda freaky, lol. It's like, why am I so great all of a sudden? I don't know, I don't know how I'm gonna handle this next stage. It's scary. The end.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #2  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I'll have to admit, once I was in the 180's, things progressed visually A LOT faster. Also, size wise. I'm 5'7", but still... I was in 12's at 189-185, 10's from 184ish to about 178 and now 8's.. which are getting baggy. I'm an apple, though, lol... Sigh.

Anyways, visually. I noticed the muscles in my arms in the 180's, I started to be able to see my hip bones when I lay on my side or on my back. Weird stuff.. but yes, 180's are freaky - but in a great way!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #3  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

Getting into the 180s was a big step for me too. I think you've mentioned before that you tend to lose weight in chunks, and the same goes for me. The 190s lasted what seemed like forever, and there was still this nagging though in the back of my mind of "you're still so close to 200, don't mess up!" but 180s is an awesome accomplishment!

Getting a little bit out of the 180s was special for me, because that was my normal BMI range. I cried when I saw 177.5 on the scale. New territory CAN be scary, but it should also be exciting. Keep it up!

PS. You're worth talking to at any size, don't let other people make you feel otherwise.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Congratulations! May you never see the 190's again.

I know 189 was a big milestone for me, especially since I was stuck in the 190's for a long time. Another big one for me was 169.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote