Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #1  

Default Not losing weight?

I don't understand what is going on. I have been counting calories since March and I successfully lost about 6 pounds by May. It is not my intention to lose a ton of weight because I am already in the healthy weight range. I would however like to lose some excess fat and have a more toned appearance. I was hoping that during the summer i would be able to lose a few more pounds and inches. My lifestyle this summer has been pretty active and for the past few weeks I have been doing cardio and lifting weights. I should should have lost 4.5 pounds this summer based on my calorie deficit (May 16-now). Instead, my weight and measurements stayed exactly the same.

I feel like it isn't possible for my metabolism to have slowed that much because I had a small calorie deficit. I purposely wanted the weight loss to be slow because I feared that my metabolism would slow down. So what is the issue? I sort of feel like I don't deserve to actually lose weight because exercising and eating at a calorie deficit has not really been a challenge. I don't feel like I am under eating. I am very satisfied eating the amount of food I am consuming. I fill up quickly and I don't get hungry very often. Does weight loss have to be difficult? Does it have to be painful and uncomfortable to actually work?
julie14401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

A lot of people find that, once already in the healthy weight range, it's useful to tone up rather than lose weight. That way, you'll be getting rid of the fat and looking more fit and tone without having to starve yourself. I'm not saying don't eat healthy- keep eating good things, just focus more on the gym than the food. It might be useful to you!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote