Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Need some support - any "concrete" ways to get focused?

i'm sure that these past 2 weeks i've gained atleast 1 or 2 lbs since i havent been exercising or eating too well. why? i dont know why. too many temptations and i guess for some reason i felt i deserved it. now i feel so unmotivated to even get back on track though i know i will.. i just need that push.

is there anything you guys do, other than tell yourselves you need to, to help you get back on track/motivated to be fit or lose weight?

i could use some feedback right now. thanks
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #2  
ion
go go go!

Height: 5'2"

put your progress where you can see it. for me, that's a calendar on my bedroom wall, where i pencil in weight every day, and from a distance i can see if i'm doing well--a big check mark or red X.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/243/160

Height: 5'7

Um, Im new to this whole online diet website stuff, and I'm pretty sure I'm even posting this is the wrong place.. But I've been on this.. good diet for about a month now, going through waves of sticking to it, and totally crashing.. But I've recently gone to two wedding and I can't seem to get back on track. If anyone has any support that I might find helpful.. Please, do share!..
IKilledHipHopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #4  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

One thing that helps me is to make a plan for the day, and then approach the day one choice at a time.

I know what I'm eating for breakfast, so I choose to eat that and not veer off plan. Same for my other meals and snacks. When faced with a temptation, make the choice not to give into it. Just this one time, make the best choice you can make. Then string a bunch of choices like that together and before you know it you have one day back on plan. Then repeat tomorrow.

There is no magic to getting back on track - there is only exercising the discipline you know you have within you, to make the best choices you can make and stick to your plan.

Don't worry about "making up" for the lapse - don't try to over-restrict to make up for it. Just put it behind you and get back on plan with your next bite of food.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I took lots of pics as I was losing weight...I go and look back thru all the pics to remind me where I never want to be again and to remember how hard it was to get here. I exercise every day, no matter what. It always makes me feel better. Get in motion...a body in motion likes to stay in motion. You'll get out of this funk.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:59 AM   #6  

Every time you misstep on your healthy journey, you have two choices: to keep walking backwards, which will surely take you even further away from your goals; or to accept your lack of perfection as normal and forgivable, and take not one, but two positive steps down the path that brings your closer to the future you want.

As for me, I think the best thing I have done to stay on track with my weight loss goals is getting a workout partner. There is nothing more motivating than having someone regularly check up on me, hold me accountable for my setbacks and to give me credit for my successes. Why don't you try finding one? This may just give you the push you need to get back on track.
karaheissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #7  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karaheissman View Post
Every time you misstep on your healthy journey, you have two choices: to keep walking backwards, which will surely take you even further away from your goals; or to accept your lack of perfection as normal and forgivable, and take not one, but two positive steps down the path that brings your closer to the future you want.
I needed this today. I like that you said "future you want", because for me it isn't just about losing weight, it's more.
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/161/127 (started 03/2012)

Height: 5'1"

Lots of great replies. One thing for my situation is I just think of my mom, her mom, and her mom...all of them pretty much disabled at 40-45 because of obesity. I don't want to live the last 40 years of my life watching TV.
SerenityDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I've been "unfocused" for a few months now. As soon as I figure out how to re-focus, I'll let you know.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #10  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystreak View Post
i'm sure that these past 2 weeks i've gained atleast 1 or 2 lbs since i havent been exercising or eating too well. why? i dont know why. too many temptations and i guess for some reason i felt i deserved it. now i feel so unmotivated to even get back on track though i know i will.. i just need that push.

is there anything you guys do, other than tell yourselves you need to, to help you get back on track/motivated to be fit or lose weight?

i could use some feedback right now. thanks
Post more in Featherweights! It's hard when you know you don't have to lose more weight for your health and people encourage you to reward yourself for your progress with food. At this point it really boils down to what you want. Obviously from your avatar you're in a healthy weight range - what will be gained from losing more? Why are you going off plan and how does it make you feel versus when you eat well and exercise?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

Clothes shopping usually gives me a kick in the butt when I am needing a little extra help with motivation.
However, when I am truly unmotivated, it usually just takes time. I do the best I can with my eating (which usually isn't that great) and eventually something in my brain clicks and I'm motivated again. I wish I knew exactly how my brain works at those times, but I really have no idea. Thankfully that hasn't happened in over 7 months or so.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #12  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

1) I have a large bin of clothes at my goal weight (from when I used to be that weight, or when I would buy something on sale, hoping i would one day get back to that size. THEN, every week I pick a different outfit to hang out in the open to keep my eye on the prize.
2) I have 2 one pint mason jars. I filled one with marbles; one for every pound I want to lose. As my weight goes down I get to transfer a marble into the other jar. It will be fun to see the one empty down, and the other one fill up!
mccull83 is offline   Reply With Quote