Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 10:59 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #315

God Bless America!!!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins and Way to Go !!
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 04-12-2003, 11:14 AM   #2  
You and Me in 2003

OK 2Cute you can't start a new thread and not post.
Old 04-12-2003, 11:28 AM   #3  

HI Mary... I told you I had to go back and read the last thread.
I just wanted to get this one started so when I came back to post... someone could have already given me MORE to read. LOL

A Black Lacey Number..... Oooo La La
I bet you won't be wearing that long. LOL

Kat... "I'm singing in the rain... Just singing in the rain... I am happy again. "
Glad we could be of service to you. Now you OWE us. LOL

Aradia... You betcha .25 miles count. And so does .25lbs !!!!

Lucky.... If you had not been so snooty to my frogs "affections" you would have seen he turns into a.... 6'3" HUNKY MILLIONAIRE !!!!!!

Now you have blown it !!!!
He moved on to that guy that Tina posted for you.

okay... wish I could reply to everyone again.. but just can't let Kat show me up on housework. Gotta at least make a path to the front door.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-12-2003 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:51 PM   #4  

Good afternoon from sunny PA (finally!)

At the moment, I am waiting for my ride to take me to the fashion show at my local Fashion Bug, where I'll be modeling today. I've also got a photography booking either April 23 or 24 for some new shots to put in my portfolio. Anyway, it is supposed to get to 60 degrees today, so it looks like I'll get my walk in--and supposed to get warmer each day next week. YAYYYYY!!!

Anyway, to answer the question someone posted in the last thread of where I get my clothes, I usually shop Fashion Bug or the Silhoettes catalog. Actually, depending on the manufacturer, I have to measure myself to make sure that I am getting the right size--some of those places and catalogs can be tricky. Of course, being small boned and 5'6 to 5'7 in height with most of the weight in my belly and buttski, I do a lot of trying on when I go to stores--provided they don't have postage-stamp dressing rooms.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:00 PM   #5  

Talking I can't wait to tell you .....

Hi ladies... I am soooo EXCITED !!!! I was sitting around the house on this BEAUTIFUL day and thought "What the heck are you inside for on a day like this?"
I had two options... go work in the yard and rake those dreaded leaves along the fence.... OR ... go to GARAGE SALES !!!! Guess which won !!!! Yep.. the garage sales. It was already 1pm and I knew most of the good stuff would be gone... but the whole point of going was to get me off my duff and enjoy this nice weather... not really to buy.

WELL.. I hit the Jackpot !!! I went into this one neighborhood that had several sales. Did not buy a single item and I hit 5 houses. As I was driving out of the neighborhood I saw a sign for the same neighborhood that I did not go to.
I just said "forget it"... there probably won't be anything there either. I turned onto the main road and got about a block... (dejavu .... getting about a block seems to be trend for me and my stories.)

Anyway.... I turned around and went back to that sale.
What can I say. I must have truly been a cat in my former life because my curiosty always get the better of me. LOL
Here is where the JACKPOT comes into play.
This woman had a ton of PLUS SIZE clothes.
They were like BRAND NEW ... some were.
She had them priced from $3.00 for blouses to $10.00 for nice set outfits.
Well...it gets better. !!!!!!!
I told her I had two daughters who wear plus sizes plus myself.
She told me I could have anything she had for $1.00 EACH.
I bought 20 items !!!!
I wanted to buy even more... but I have really HIGH HOPES that I won't need plus sizes for the rest of my life anymore.
I bought several capris for my daughters, and a couple of short sets, several blouses, a light weight sweater, the cutest Xmas top , some TALL slacks for my daughters (those are always hard to find) ... gee... I can't remember what all I got.
If you count the sets... I got 20 items for $16.00
Then to top it off... after I paid for the clothes and as I was leaving... I picked up a couple of odd knick knack items and when I went to pay for them... she told me I could just have them and to keep my money. She was an angel from heaven.

What a GREAT day this has been.
And it all started just by saying to myself...
"2cute... get off your duff and do something !!"

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-12-2003 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:05 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

You are just 2thrifty for words! Wow...what good deals! Always follow that little voice inside...

I was just reading up on Financial Aid options and needed a break, so here I am. i cleaned the bathroom, did 3 loads of wash, vacuumed, filed papers...now I need to get outside, it is gorgeous out there! And NO ball game tonight! All is right with the world.

Food has been good, but no exercise so far...other than house work! There's still time...

See y'all later.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:12 PM   #7  
You and Me in 2003

Hope I see some of you in chat tonight about 8 central
Old 04-12-2003, 06:50 PM   #8  
Progress..not perfection

Hey gals...nice to sit down for a moment and think. I've had the last four days off from work and dh decided he would lay out of work and keep me company.

Yeah, right. Actually, he has been home with me since Wednesday with a terrible case of gout in his foot. (around his big toe joint) For those of you that do not know what gout is, it is very hard for me to explain. I hate the name though.....gout. Kinda sounds like a fungus or something, you know? From the best of my knowledge, it's some kind of crystals that form around the joint and cause extreme pain. Kat, you could probably help me explain that a little better. He's had it for about two years, but it only flares up from time to time. They say that things like red meat, seafood and alcohol enhance the problem, but he doesn't drink at all, but does eat a lot of red meat. I know that men are all typically whiners, but he was really in a lot of pain. The doctor told him that it was one of the worst cases he has ever seen. He gave him some strong pain medication and some medicine. Makes you love him even more knowing that he stood for four hours just so I could have my picture made with Tony. What a precious angel.

He is feeling better today, so him and Trey have went to our local dirt track and are watching the outlaws run tonight. What? I'm not going to the racetrack? If it was a Winston Cup event, sure I would. I'm not really into the dirt track. I may go with him next week though. I just needed a little down time.

Food has been awful that last couple of days. I guess because he's been here with me and we've eaten take out and stuff like that. Don't worry though, I'll be fine. Just took a little break. I don't plan on making this last forever. I'm a little scared where I'm at right now, because I'm getting this "I don't care" attitude. You know? When you do so well for so long and then you blow it and your riddled with guilt. Then you go off program for awhile and you get to a place where you just don't care? That's where I've been for the last couple of days. I know I've been eating things I shouldn't, I've not been exercising and right this instant, I don't care. I'm hoping life will return to normal....whatever that is, when I go back to work tomorrow.

Baylee: I don't think you could line up 50 people that weigh the same thing and their clothes would fit the same. It just depends. All the pants I wear have elastic in them, you know, the soft cotton/polyester type? I got a pair of Bobbie Brooks capri pants at Walmart the other day (crinkly cotton) and got a 22/24. I got another pair of capris that were the real soft material in Just My Size and they were 18/20, so I guess it just depends.

Well, since I've got the house to myself for awhile, I think I'll do something constructive. Hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll be back later.
Old 04-12-2003, 07:52 PM   #9  

The rain held off here, so I took Evan to opening day at the local racetrack.(Short track) It was a pretty good day, but I got a little sunburned ontop of a cold, now isn't that just cute.

Anyway, next week will be better not all the cars were there this week and next week they are running a special 150 lap race for the prostock, so should be better.

Food went well today, didnt really get exercise in, unless you count walking back and forth to the bathroom at the track a zillion times because of the water....I kept debating before I left home rather to eat here, stop at subway, or eat at the track. I knew in my mind that the track food was not only expensive, but also full of fat and calories and mega points Im sure. So, being me and talking this through for a while I stood in line at Subway (it was lunch time) for 1/2 an hour and then ordered my sandwich and away I went....GOOD GIRL SANDY!!!

Well chow chicklets, I will pop over later to chat.

Hugs to all,
Old 04-12-2003, 08:22 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Is anyone else having trouble logging in at the chat site?

...Or have I been banned?

go ahead, you can talk about me...I can take it!
Old 04-12-2003, 08:49 PM   #11  
**No Excuses**

LoL. I dont know about the chat, Kat. I just got here. But I cant imagine banning you,lol.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:31 PM   #12  

I don't know if I am banned or not... BUT ....
I CAN'T take you talking about ME !!!
Don't you guys all know how "paranoid" I am.

Okay.. tell me... what did you say about me ??? Come on... tell me!!!
I'm stressing out here...
Old 04-12-2003, 11:44 PM   #13  

WHAT a day. My niece and I raked from 9AM to 5PM. About that time we started to see fire trucks go by. Now, I did let her burn leaves in this big metal container but she was only doing a few. Then MORE fire trucks came by and more and more trucks and cars are driving on our, usually, slow road.

To my astonishmen - - - their is a fire 1/2 mile from me and coming fast. Fire trucks are there from 4 towns, the sheriff is blocking traffic, my neighbor 1 1/2 miles away has the fire 700 feet from his house!!!!! Things started to get under control when all of the sudden the fire started South Towards me. So, from 5PM until now I have been watching this drama unfold while praying I don't lose my home. At the momemt it looks "almost" out from here but I don't know about what is going on further North. I can see the blaze from my window and it is now about 2 miles away. Hopefully it stays away.

Needless to say, I missed chat.

I feel so tired I could drop.

Later,
Old 04-13-2003, 01:15 AM   #14  

Talking The Insomniac Rides Again

Let's just say I keep cat hours.....

Anyway, my day went very well; I had a great time modeling in the fashion show. I wore this gorgeous long white dress that just slid over my body when I put it on--and it was so comfortable. Everything that could go right did--the makeup covered the "skin blossom" (aka zit) on my left jawline so well, I couldn't see it! Go figure...

There were a few teen models that were being totally goofy backstage, but as some of the other older models looked annoyed, yours truly just laughed it off as adolescent silliness. After all, I was their age once

The coordinator even commented how much better I looked this time than last. I guess the recent 12 pound loss and my hair being frosted helped--and it certainly showed when I walked the runway! ("OMG, look at her dress!")

Gee, if things were that great now, imagine when I get to a size 16....
Old 04-13-2003, 01:39 AM   #15  

Exclamation

I wish this post was at the end of the thread instead of the middle. This is one time I want to post at the end. LOL
I am not even sure if I should post this here or not because it won't make any sense to anyone. It is the ramblings of an old lady who reached a milestone in her recovery.
I wrote this off line and am posting it here because I want to share my experience with you. PLEASE DO NOT expect to make any sense of it. LOL Just know it makes sense to ME... and I am rejoicing. Here goes....

WOW !!! I am writing this off line and I don't even know if I will post this or not. I just know I need to write about this.

Have you ever gone "soul searching"?
To dive deep into your soul to see how you ended up where you are ?
I have ... many times. I belonged to a 12 step program and I have done many inventories. I discovered a LOT about myself...
... some things I liked... some things I didn't.

But I always got to this one place ... deep down into my soul ... that I realized that one more step deeper.... and I would have to face some truths about myself that I was NOT willing to deal with.

I was willing to 'face' them. I had no problem facing them anymore.
But I was NOT willing to deal with them.
Sooo, I would STOP dead in my tracks.
I was not "WILLING" to deal with what I had found. So I would turn around and head back up to the surface where everything was familiar. My problems were familiar and my 'ways of coping' were familiar. And I have sat there for YEARS !!!!

WELL ... tonight..... Tonight I went that one step further into that "soul searching."
I took that extra step required to go deeper into my soul and see what I was soooo afraid of facing...of dealing with.
It was more than a light bulb moment. More than a click.
It was a "WILLINGNESS" beyond any willingness I have ever done.
It was willingness to deal with what I never wanted to deal with.
AND I HAVE NOT ONLY SURVIVED !!!!! I have GROWN.

None of this may make any sense to you.... and that is okay.
It makes ALL the sense in the world to ME.
You may be wondering if I have reached the depths of my soul ... no.. not yet.
BUT... I have taken what felt like a GIANT step ... but in reality ... it was a mere baby step to finding the "emotional and spiritual" solution to my compulsive overeating.

BABY STEPS.... that is what is required to get to your goals.
I had been unwilling to take another step in my emotional GROWTH about this one specific area of my life.

Growth ... what a wonderful word. It means we do not have to be 'ALL' wise ... or 'ALL' knowing ... or to be 'at' our goals. We can GROW our way there.

I have taken a step in growth tonight.
I have faced fears that I was unwilling to face before.
I found willingness I had never had before.
I have progressed instead of stalled in this limbo I have been in for years.
I always knew there was this problem ... but being "unwilling" to do anything about the problem kept me in a state of limbo.
I kept thinking... "Why dig deeper when I am not willing to do anything about it?"
Tonight I found the willingness to DO.

I am rambling now ... even for me.
I know this makes no sense.... but trust me.... I HAVE GROWN TONIGHT .
And I wanted to share my joy with you. I FACED my fears and walked where I have never walked before.
AND I not only survived this deep soul search... I THRIVED !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 04-13-2003 at 02:42 AM.
Closed Thread