Mind finally Catching up with "new" body (NSV)

• I know I'm not the only one who has felt this way when losing weight..... you know, the "I have lost X amount of pounds but i don't see myself getting smaller!" or the dreaded "Why do i still feel big even though I'm losing weight?!"

yeah those....they suck don't they?

So the last 2 weeks I have basically indulged in most of the stuff I wanted. I didnt binge but I didnt care much about the food I ate. Fast food, chips, candy bars, pasta you name it I probably ate it. Of course everything was delicious but finally the last 2 days it catched up to me. Ive been feeling terrrrible and sluggish, just wanting to stay in bed and sleep.

I decided yesterday since it was the first of the month i needed to get back on track and get on that dreaded scale. I was expecting a 8-10+ pound gain....to my surprise I had only gained 4lbs! I was looking at myself in the mirror and at full body pictures I had unintentionally taken last Saturday and thought to myself just WOW. I had kind of been avoiding looking at myself too much because I expected the worst obviously. I was pretty speechless and happy that I didn't think those negative thoughts about how I looked the same as I did 20lbs ago. Of course i still have a muffin top and extra meat on my arms and legs but I dont feel anywhere near as big as I have been feeling the past year.

It's pretty nice finally appreciating the hard work I've done and I cant wait to call it a Goal and see how much more my body changes

When was the moment you guys finally let go of you big image of yourselves?
  • Yay for you! I didn't follow my eating program 100% for most of June and July and while I didn't gain--I didn't lose, but I was proud not to have gained!