The Lost Weekend

• Did anyone see that classic movie "The Lost Weekend" about an alcoholic who goes on a weekend bender? Well, that's what I just did, only with food

I went on a business trip last week and it started out well. I ate appropriately, went to the hotel fitness room to keep up the exercise routine, and even cooked in my room for dinner.

Then came Thursday. I rationalized that I was going to try to eat like a normal person. I went to the breakfast buffet at the hotel and ate, ate, ate. I did ok for lunch but had a cookie. But the minute my plane landed back home that day, I went to the store and bought half a dozen donuts, cinnamon rolls, and food from the deli like potatoes and Mac n cheese. What a nightmare.

I did ok, but not perfect on Friday, but got through things. But when Saturday rolled around, I just didn't stop eating. Same with Sunday.

What is wrong with me??? I feel like a big bloated elephant now. I also have that TOM so I look and feel sooo fat. I can tell by how hard it is to zip my pants. It is even noticeably harder to exercise and climb stairs. I did so well since my one-year anniversary, so my behavior is deplorable. I haven't been this bad in a long long time.

Oh well. I hope this excess flab is water. I have been going to the bathroom a lot today, so hopefully the water weight will come off. I am back on plan and am going to the gym again. I am challenging myself to ten weeks of being good, and if I am, I will give myself a trip or day off as a reward.

But so frustrated with myself...
  • Isn't it a beautiful thing that we can have bad days and they won't condemn us forever to being fat? I think a 10-week challenge starting NOW is just what you need to get your mojo back!!!