Neither losing weight nor gaining any

• Hi, first of all my name is David, I'm 16 and I come from Austria (mid-europe) so please neglect minor grammatical and verbal mistakes.
    I'm struggling to lose weight for about 5 years now although I am not "too" obese, I am 6.1 foot tall and I weigh 211 pounds.
    Now here comes the twist: I already lost much weight due to extreme diets so now I am at a point where I can't lose or gain any weight (I am sure I can although it just doesn't work for me). It doesn't matter whether I eat extremely healthy and exercise or I just sit all day and eat fast food. Of course this is not good for my motivation.
    Has anyone of you any tips and/or solutions for my problem?

Here are some facts about me:
    >I am a vegetarian
    >I eat healthy (for now)
    >I don't exercise but my job is hard enough
    >I don't binge eat

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • Depending on your build, 210lb at 6'1 might be alright: you're not very overweight at all, which might be part of your problem.

Questions:
    - How many pounds are you looking to lose?

- Do you count calories? If not, you should start.

- At your height/weight, body recomposition might be the best thing to focus on: lift heavy weights, eat a healthy diet that is high in protein, and swap out some fat for some muscle. A program such as those in the New Rules of Lifting series would be a great place to start.
  • Thank you for the fast answers!

Quote:
    - How many pounds are you looking to lose?
    I'd like to get down to 165 lbs but any kind of feeling of success would be enough for me.

Quote:
    Do you count calories? If not, you should start.
    Well, it's not exactly calorie counting but I keep records of what I eat and I rate it on a scale from one to ten so I get an average day and week calorie income.

Quote:
    lift heavy weights, eat a healthy diet that is high in protein,...
    noted!

____

Quote:
    Servus David!
    Servus!

Quote:
    Counting calories is a good way to keep track of how much you really are eating.
    Looks like I'll really have to start doing that!

Quote:
    go to an online calculator
    Can you recommend a trustworthy one?

Quote:
    talking with a doctor
    The sad thing is, the doctors I frequently visit tend to be neglecting me/not taking me seriously.

You both already helped me a lot!