In need of incouragement

• I was doing so well--really had my mind the right place in May. Then I got sick, came down with pneumonia (I have some other health issues that complicate things) and then I did the whole sob-story about being sick. You know, indulged myself on a 2 month binging spree. I stopped running and doing any form of exercise.

I'm trying to get back on track. I'll have two-three days of awesome, and then just totally binge. I have a BodyMedia Fitband and I'm trying really hard to wear it every single day and track what I eat. I have all the tools to do this, but the motivation isn't always sticking. I binge and beat myself up for it. I am the exact same weight I was two years ago, and one year ago. It's shameful. I'm setting a horrible example for my kids, and I think that might be the worst part of it all.

I ordered a book on overeating last night so I hope to read that soon. I know I'm the only one that can make this happen, but does anyone have any words of wisdom? I'm tired of being so wishy washy.
  • Just don't give up on trying. I know what it's like to hit a brick wall. You want something but you still can't seem to get around that stupid wall. All you can do is keep trying. With each meal, with each minute, of each day, just keep trying. Eventually you'll succeed.

I floundered around for 2 months with this attitude. I just kept telling myself I'd do better "now," not "tomorrow," and not "later" (because it's always now). Each minute of each day is a good time to start fresh. Finally it just clicked and I was back on track again, balls to the wall and I did great!

I kind of lost it again this past week. I just have that hum drum feeling about the whole thing because I'm going on my 1 year anniversary with Bodybugg, and I've been losing weight for 2 years. It's really kind of old, you know? I haven't exercised and I haven't been all that "good" (meaning I ate out twice and didn't choose wisely). However, I kept logging my foods and uploading my Bodybugg data. I'm back on track today come heck or high water. Period. I have a goal I need to reach!

Put on that BodyMedia and even if you don't upload it, at least you've been wearing it. It holds a few days of info. Keep logging your food any time you can. Do your exercises even if it's only 20 minutes. You'll be happy you did, and that's going to help get you over that wall.

We all have to do things every day that we don't want to. We pay our bills, we get up in the morning for work instead of sleeping in, we do laundry, etc. because we have to. Dieting and losing weight is no different. Just do the things you have to do. Make your food log and your bodymedia part of that routine. It gets old. It gets tiring. But you're not going to get anywhere by not doing it.

It's not about motivation, it's about commitment.

HTH!!