Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #16  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
That's what I said - if losing weight doesn't take care of it then supplements and/or medication should be considered. But I would say most hypertensive conditions, even when hereditary, are exacerbated by excess weight. So I would expect weight loss to clear up the number issues or help them immensely.
I understand. Your story was so compelling I was concerned that someone might interpret it as suggesting heredity it the primary culprit. In this case - based on the evidence presented - I suspect it has very little to do with it.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 302/234/175ish

Height: 5'7"

Thanks to everyone for your responses. My appointment ended up getting rescheduled by the doctor and was today. My bp was a little high at 136/92. She said she wasn't concerned about it and it should go down with more weight loss and if I continue to eat healthy and exercise. I'm relieved about that. I go back in 2 months to get checked out again. Also waiting for my lab work results now. Hoping there's nothing else wrong. I'm a worry wart!
yammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:49 AM   #18  

Blood pressure depends on two main factors: your heart and peripheral resistance, that's why it rises if you have palpitation.Be calm - stress (of what ever cause) can cause palpitation and increases resistance. Do not consume too much salt (beware of 'hidden salt' in snacks) and do regular exercise (walking leisurely) or meditation to calm your mind.
vjykmr89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 286/247/150

Height: 5-4

well fear of high blood pressure could cause it... a self serving prophesy. But there are other things that will raise it as well. One very common reason is an active infection... bladder, ear, teeth... anything. To top it off you could have an infection causing your blood pressure to go up an not even know it.
drixnot is offline   Reply With Quote