3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Struggling... hard. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/262572-struggling-hard.html)

djs06 07-09-2012 11:04 AM

Struggling... hard.

Argh. I have been avoiding 3fc for the most part because I'm so not on point lately. I've had some personal turmoil going on and haven't worked out or eaten right for 2 weeks and 2 days. Yesterday was the first day I didn't eat thousands of excess calories. At first I was literally making myself sick from the garbage I was eating- and after a few days, my body adjusted to it.

It's terrifying, really... how quickly bad habits can be picked up again.

I gained around 8 pounds. I'm sure some of that is water, but still. It's scary. Yesterday was the first day I didn't stuff my face, but I consciously had to cut myself off from eating after dinner, and it was a struggle until I went to bed.

The only way to do this is to get back on, I know... but my confidence is completely shaken. I'm still feeling very fragile even though the immediate issue has been addressed. And gaining weight will not make me feel any better, I know. But I am struggling really hard right now. :(

KatieBug 07-09-2012 11:25 AM

Im so sorry djs06!

Sometimes life just throws us a curve ball, and binging is how we deal with it (I too am an emotional eater, big time!) You have taken the first step of admitting that you have had a problem these last two weeks, so great job! The next step is, you were right, to get right back on the bandwagon. Eating healthy and Excercise is a life long commitment! It takes a lot of personal strength to do it, but you need to decide for yourself when you have had enough and that you want to make your life as full and wonderful as it can be!

Im so sorry that you are struggling. The only thing I can think that will help you become less "fragile" is to start again! I know that after one day of perfect eating I grow confident. and one day turns into 2 days, and 2 days into a week, and so on. For me at least, I have to take it one day at a time, and i feel stronger and stronger for every single day that I conquer.

You can do it! Don't ever give up! I promise you are worth it.

bargoo 07-09-2012 11:29 AM

Welcome back, Dana, don't beat yourself up over the past few days, you are doing the right thing by getting back on track.

Arctic Mama 07-09-2012 12:06 PM

Struggles are part of it, they get the best of us down from time to time. Just focus on each choice and don't get into the big picture. One day of not overeating is a HUGE victory. Just build on that and you'll be back down in no time :)

And NO avoiding us! That only makes things worse (I speak from experience!).

TiffNeedsChange 07-09-2012 12:16 PM

Life happens, so don't beat yourself up over it. Maybe try to take a bubble bath when you're feeling stressed, or read a book if you need an escape, go for a walk even. Getting up and doing it is the hardest part but once you're in motion is gets easier. :hugs:

djs06 07-09-2012 12:30 PM

Thank you all so much! Your encouraging words are just what I needed.

:grouphug:

AriesNV 07-09-2012 12:48 PM

Owning and fessing up to your mistakes/tribulations on here is courageous in itself. I was the type that totally avoided 3FC or MFP if I couldn't get on and say "hey I lost 5 lbs! yay me!"...so that 1...2...3....days of avoiding it became 3 months...a year...etc. Now I know that gaining is normal and obstacles come in everyone's life, but keeping a part of 3FC or any means of support makes you feel less like you've failed or completely got off plan. Just keep on trucking! =]

djs06 07-09-2012 01:23 PM

Good point, Aries! It seems like a lot of people slack off on checking in with their support systems when they feel they're not being successful, which defeats the purpose of a support system!!

Lunula 07-09-2012 01:44 PM

So sorry you're struggling - I can definitely relate. I've been at this for a year & a half now with plenty of ups & downs. I find, for me, something that helps me gain a little confidence when I'm really down is I try to do at least one thing "right" every day. So, I may be binging, I may be avoiding the gym, but I can get my 8+ glasses of liquids. The next day, I can get to bed on time and sleep 7 hours and drink my liquids. The next day, I add the gym back in - I just keep adding things back in until I'm back where I want to be.

It's very tempting to try and quit everything bad and do everything great all at once, but for me, it's just not always the correct path. For the first time in my adult life I have embraced the reality that these changes in lifestyle are forever - so even though it's great to post every week about much weight I've lost, the real objective is to get back on track and if I have to do it slowly, then so be it.