3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   One of those, I'm feeling awful about myself moments... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/262567-one-those-im-feeling-awful-about-myself-moments.html)

baker23 07-09-2012 09:48 AM

One of those, I'm feeling awful about myself moments...

Yesterday, as I was just heading out, my sister starts laughing at me, telling me I should lay off the ice cream because it looks like I got pudgy again. I went upstairs and stepped on the scale and sure enough, It went from 180 two months ago to 187. I finished TOM over a week ago so its not waterweight. No excess of sodium either 0.o...byebye self esteem...hello selfconcousness. Its been awhile. -_-

I know its my fault...I usually hyperfocus on one thing at a time. Weightloss was that one thing for me, especially the past 5 months...so in May, I started taking a break and focusing on other things. Not watching my portion sizes, and eating alot of sweets but generally eating pretty healthy besides that. I took a break from excerising but still ran a few times a week. All these things lead me to gaining weight again.

Posting this here so that I get back on track, and hopefully get back down to 180 before the summer is over. Wish me luck :)

Raven132 07-09-2012 10:13 AM

Doesn't sound like you need much luck, you have this sexy hotness thing down pat :)

You know what you need to do, and it is well within your reach. Go for it and teach that scale who's boss!

Vex 07-09-2012 10:17 AM

re:

I actually had wondered where you were, as I hadn't seen any posts from you as they're usually so inspirational!

7lbs is NOTHING when you've lost as much as you. You can have that off this month I bet! You know the key is that you recognized it and are going to do something about it.

Your sister is ehh...7 lbs isn't going to make that big of a difference in how you look!

Laneyy 07-09-2012 10:24 AM

You can do it! Those 7lbs will melt off, I'm sure.

I'm the same way with the hyperfocusing... It's pretty bad. I'll cycle through things though. Right now it's weight loss, a while ago it was starting my own business making lip balms and other handmade beauty products, and before that it was knitting. I'll focus SO HARD on one thing, it becomes almost an obsession. So yeah. I get you on that. I think the key is to calm down, take it one day at a time, and try to let things go. Hyperfocusing can stress you out big time.

And as far as your sister, I know how sisters can be, but she could have been a bit more tactful about that...

kk2323 07-09-2012 10:36 AM

Girl, you've GOT this, especially if you're a hyperfocuser. In the meantime, you look gorgeous at 187! Your sister is just being a meanie. Ha. Good luck!

gailr42 07-09-2012 10:42 AM

1. Your sister needs to keep her mouth shut

2. Good you noticed the little creep in weight

3. I totally understand the hyper-focus thing. Can we say OCD, here?

4. You are gorgeous, hot, and sexy. End of discussion.

TiffNeedsChange 07-09-2012 10:47 AM

Yea... bad sister! Lol I doubt 7! Lbs would make that big of a difference. You can melt that fat away in no time! :) Keep your head up, you are beautiful!

djs06 07-09-2012 11:07 AM

You've got this, lady! You're an inspiration to us here. Nothing wrong with focusing on other things, but it's all about finding balance. I have faith that you'll get rid of these few pounds and feel great about yourself again. :grouphug:

krampus 07-09-2012 12:25 PM

Would you have noticed if she hadn't said anything? Sometimes the naysayers shock us out of our own denial.

7 lbs will be gone before you know it!

sontaikle 07-09-2012 01:54 PM

Welcome back! I was wondering about you :)

7lbs is nothing (and some of it might be water weight anyway) you can do it! :cheer:

valalltogether 07-09-2012 03:43 PM

there are nicer ways of saying it, but as your sister i'm sure she means well, cares about you and is just looking out for you. there's nothing to feel awful about, 7 lbs over the course of a couple months is no biggie. some people here, myself included, can probably go up 7 lbs in just a week! time to focus again, thats all. i have no doubt you will be back at 180 by the end of summer

swissy 07-09-2012 07:13 PM

At least you got the wake up call early, don't fret I've seen people regain 20-40 pounds and they look it but 7 pounds to the rest of the world isn't that visible but to you or your sister yeah ah shucks you'll be flying!

shoeluver67 07-09-2012 07:40 PM

You've come that far....you've got these 7 NO PROB!! Do it girl!! my hero!!!

KatieBug 07-09-2012 07:59 PM

I did the same thing! I was maintaining at about 170-175 for about 10 months, then back in May, I'm not quite sure but I gained 15 lbs by the middle of June and was like, um this needs to change! You can do it!