Dry Mouth

• I wonder if anyone else has experienced this, I have this persistant dry mouth whenever I am being really good with my diet. I don't take any medications and I don't have any dental problems. I drink normally about 2 litres (8 cups) of water over a day and am lucky to have 2 cups of coffee a week.
    Any ideas ??

Thanks
  • Does it go away once you've been following a good diet for awhile, or is it constant?
  • I have the same thing and I drink even more than that. Had recent bloodwork and no diabetes. Have you had your bloodwork checked recently? Also some medications cause dry mouth.
  • fwiw ... as I've gotten (ahem) older I've developed seasonal allergies. Oh joy, because wrinkles, gray hair and excess weight just weren't enough. They usually last from May through mid-July. Itchy palate/Eustachian tubes/throat where your sinus and throat meet (just out of reach of any liquid actually alleviating any dryness). Water, for some odd reason, has been making my these areas and especially my throat kind of stingy, which resulted in an even dryer throat (not to mention bloating and dryer skin) and mouth. Taking generic Claritin adds to the dryness too I'm sure.

Just started downing club soda two days ago. Walaa! My throat feels infinitely better and not nearly as dry and the club soda doesn't sting at all, it kind of 'scratches' the itchiness.

Perhaps it's allergy related for you as well? Try switching to club soda to see if it helps. You never know!
  • Thanks for the replies.

twinieten: In the past after about a month it has gone away. But this time I have been dealing with this for about 6 months and it is really persistent.

Tiff: Yep. Had full blood work done and definitely no diabetes or prediabetes. I am not on any medications, don't even take paracetamol.

Loose: I have never suffered from any allergies, but this past summer (January for me in Australia) I had a horrific case of Tonsilitus, took about 6 weeks of antibiotics to to clear it up and I have severe scaring on my tonsil tissue, I never considered this as a cause untill you mentioned allergies. Will have to try the club soda. Thanks.

Again, thanks for the replies.