Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #1  

Default Back and taking baby steps after regaining 20 lbs

I was down to 150 lbs, but since then I found out I was expecting baby #3...I put on a few pounds in the beginning...then sadly I lost my pregnancy...
Since then I have just been eating non-stop, whatever I want, I haven't exercised at all...I haven't run in God knows how long (I got into running last year, I was going to do my first half marathon this year, but I guess that ship has sailed for this season)...
I updated my ticker, finally, I am starting to feel I want to get a handle on my weight before 20 lbs becomes 30, 40 ect....

So now I'm back up to nearly 170 ibs...of course none of my summer clothes I bought 20 pounds ago fit, so I live in sweat pants and baggy t-shirts, but I've been staying in anyway.
I talked with my husband and I think I'm going to join WW. I've done it years ago, and I liked it. In recent years I just managed everything myself, but I want the meetings, to force me to leave the house, I really want the support right now. Also I have to reintroduce exercise/running slowly. Typically whenever I've started a diet/exercise routine hard core, I miss a cycle, and we are trying to concieve again after our loss. Anyway, I just wanted to come back and post here, as accountability I guess.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I'm very sorry for your loss, GlamourGirl, thanks for keeping us updated and coming back here. I hope WW will work for you and you will be healthy for baby #3 when he/she comes!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #3  

Thank you Krampus. I definitely want to watch my weight for a healthy pregnancy as well. I was very fortunate not to have any issues with gestational diabetes or high blodd pressure during my first two pregnancies with my two kids. It feels good to be back here...to have a place to post for weight loss support.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sorry for your loss! WW may just be the thing you need with all the support it offers!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Oh I've been there, and it sucks! I had very bingey November after losing a pregnancy on Halloween and I hated trying to get back in the saddle. Fortunately the slight regain was the straw that broke the camel's back and made me disgusted enough with my weight range to buckle down and lose another huge chunk I had been previously content to keep on my butt, in favor of more chocolate . But it took a fair bit of time, grieving, and then a few pounds regained, for me to be mentally ready for it.

Baby steps or a complete overhaul, whatever works for you! With any luck you won't have to worry about more than healthy pregnancy eating by the end of your next cycle, right? We want those baby vibes your way!

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 07-05-2012 at 12:56 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote