Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Quote:
You don't post too much, silly person. You were the first to reply to my two first post and I really appreciated it.

Anyway, it's been said but you cannot possibly have gained that much. I have two scales at home (my father's and my own that I used to have in my dorm), and they always give me significantly different numbers, mine is usually less flattering. Also mine has been going crazy lately - like saying that I dropped 7 lbs in 24 hours and than putting 20 lbs back on the next day. I suspect it's the batteries.

So no, just weigh yourself at the gym again next time! Compare and see if there is a consistent difference between both scales and that will give you something to go on.
<3 thank you. And I would but I had to cancel my membership due to a job loss :C I'll check the batteries though. I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
What kind of surface is your scale sitting on? If it is squishy (like carpet) you will not get an accurate reading. One time I thought I had gained 15 lbs. in a week after I moved and the new place had a carpeted floor. Stuck the scale on a hard surface and was suddenly back to normal
No way. Omg I've been using 70's style shag carpet :I lol! We'll see how it works on hard wood!

Quote:
Scales are dirty liars and I don't trust them LOL

PS: I'm prone to being a "too much poster" too.. not a bad thing it if keeps you away from the cookie jar, right? *giggle*
Amen. lol.
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #17  
Empress/Queen

Agree about the tape measure and also that you can't gain 25 pounds in a day. Scales are weird. I only weigh officially once a week on the same scale at the same time of day under the same conditions and I log that. Sometimes I have been known to sneak a peek at other times but I just mentally note those readings and don't consider them valid data.

Lol, about the posting too much. I post too much every where I go on the internet.

Have a great week.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

First - you can't test the accuracy of a scale that was meant to weigh people by putting a 5 pound weight on it. My scale (digital) doesn't even register a 5 pound weight.

A dial scale is less accurate than a digital - usually.

A flat hard surface is needed to get consistent results from the same scale.

You will probably find that every scale you step on gives a different weight.

I'd weigh myself as I walk out the door from home to the gym and as soon as I got to the gym to compare those 2 scales. I double there will be 25 pounds difference. A 1% - 2% margin for error (one or two pounds per hundred) is probably normal.

I'd also have someone measure me. I wear jeans and non-stretchy pants all the time. It's way too hard to tell if things are getting snug wearing sweats. Pants that fit are a good way to keep track of things without weighing or measuring.

After TOM, weigh on both scales and see how it works out. Good luck.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote