Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default Trouble with bad snacking at work? Leave your money at home and pack a lunch.

I'm in a foul mood and would gladly eat something terribly unhealthy even though I know it's bad for me.

Bu t I don't have any money! I packed a healthy lunch and left the wallet at home, so now I'm forced to sit and face my emotions instead of medicating them with sweets (go figure, the ONE day I want there to be something yummy in the break room, it's barren!)
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #2  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

That's exactly how I beat the vending machines. On the rare occasion I do buy a lunch at work, I only bring in the amount of money for it. My wallet stays in the car, which is at least a 20 minute round-trip walk. Not even a bag of Cheezits is worth that.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: hw175/145/140

Height: 5'6"

Sometimes is days like these that help us realize we didn't really need to sweet/junk stuff to make us feel better. I hope you have a better day, and I bet you will when you make it through at work and didn't eat any junk!
Domlacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #4  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

This totally works, but I'm having one of those days where I have no money for snacks, there are no snacks in the breakroom and every moment that passes without a snack is making me moodier! Wish I could overcome that last bit with some kind of trick.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

My boss keeps snacks in her office for anyone to grab if they are hungry. I wasn't aware of this until last month. I knew she had a stocked fridge and lots of yummies, but I though it was just for her.

I have yet to venture in to her office to take advantage because once I do, I know it's all over for me. I'll go in there when I'm hungry and I might not make the best choices. I'll choose the candy or the cookies over the yogurt....

The vending machine is in another building so even if I wanted something and had money, I'd have to walk over there. That usually squashes the desire.

I pack several snacks for the day, entering them in to my food journal in the morning so I know exactly where my calories are for the day. Sometimes this helps me to resist whatever treats might land in the break room. I already have my calories planned and there's no room for more. Sometimes it doesn't keep me from partaking, but it helps me to control my portion. Again,..... no room in my calories.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote