Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 03:37 PM   #16  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

just popping this up before it falls off the end of the page.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:34 AM   #17  
The Rockinghorse Gal

So, where is everybody?

I'm in and out in a hurry because I've got a paper to finish up for tomorrow morning, but did want to say hello.

I've got killer heartburn this morning, so that is making a wonderful diet aid. I also managed to get the house 90% picked up...that feels good. I wish I were motivated to do that more often!
Old 04-09-2003, 09:10 AM   #18  
GmaTo8

I'm here!! It's raining today so I'm stuck indoors. Rats!

Kat - I never looked at heartburn as a diet aid, but you're right! It certainly discourages any further indulgences. Did you get your paper done?

DD's doc thinks there is only 1 fetus this time. She will have an ultrasound in 8 more weeks - she's only 14 wks right now. Hopefully they will be able to tell which sex it is, too. She and her DH are hoping for another girl, while I am secretly rooting for a boy.

I've got some of DH's family coming in this coming Sunday for an early Easter celebration. It's only 6 people, but I am looking forward to it. I love to entertain. I am serving good old favorites and including heathy choices, too.

Later!
Jana
Old 04-09-2003, 03:00 PM   #19  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Jana!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell I'm glad to see you? *gete*
No more bleeding I hope?

I did get the paper done, at 3 am, and then put the final touches on it this morning. Its now been submitted and all I can do is hope for the best. I found out 3 days before it was due that the weeks worth of research I had done for a different topic wouldn't meet her expectations, so I essentially pulled a topic out of my arse, researched it, and spewed out a paper in 3 days. Whew.

Too bad on the other topic, because I really liked it. As for heartburn, I've had it nonstop for the last 4-5 days, and its not responding to anything I take for it. If it keeps up, I'll have to actually go get it checked out. *sigh* Right now I'm bushed from the late night, so I'm headed to take a nap.

Don't be such a stranger, eh?
Old 04-10-2003, 08:28 AM   #20  
GmaTo8

Kat - look for a PM from me, okay?
Old 04-10-2003, 11:13 AM   #21  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Well, after a serious lapse in which I crept back up to 226, I'm once again headed in the right direction. The scale read 221 this morning.

I've had my suspicions lately, so I bought a glucometer, and my blood sugars have definitely been off. I guess I'll stick myself for a while and make sure they are back where they ought to be. I also thought my Rx smelled off the other day, so I refilled it, and it appears to be working much better. I pay enough for it, so I do WANT it to work!

I finished that last paper...stayed up until 3 am and then got up early to finish it...I hope I get a decent grade on it and didn't write garbage because I was exhausted. *grin* Only 3 more weeks left in the semester!
Old 04-10-2003, 06:38 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally posted by fropvd

I've had my suspicions lately, so I bought a glucometer, and my blood sugars have definitely been off. I guess I'll stick myself for a while and make sure they are back where they ought to be.
Yes, I know that feeling--I poke myself every morning. One morning my levels were only 45 (I had gotten up feeling really crappy, which prompted me to do a 'stick' PDQ); this morning it was 138. Not too bad I guess, considering the doc says that normal levels are between 80-120. Oh, well, at least I don't have to take antidibetic meds or insulin !
Old 04-10-2003, 10:22 PM   #23  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Well, I was at 198 after lunch yesterday...I shouldn't be higher than 140 after a meal.

Fasting was 110...on the high side, but within normal limits (barely).
I upped the glucophage I take for PCOS and not only did my glucose levels come down (128 after lunch), but I'm not nearly as thirsty or tired. Putting two and two together, I need to monitor myself for a while and make sure I'm not developing diabetes. (I have the family history from h*ll for diabetes, so add that to the excess tonnage, and I'm at exceptionally high risk.)
Old 04-10-2003, 10:28 PM   #24  

My mother developed maturity-onset diabetes at 54; it was discovered at my doctor appointment last week that I was "borderline," which sounds like something you may be dealing with (Just a wild guess ). My fast level before breakfast was 108; it jumped to 138 after breakfast. I'm wondering if I should do my 'poke' more often, but I usually don't feel ill. When I do, I check my glucose level, then eat something, but since I am on the 1500 calorie plan from the American Diabetes Association, I feel pretty good most of the time.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:58 PM   #25  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Well, the good news for both of us is that by losing weight, there is a good chance we'll be able to avoid developing diabetes, or at the worst, keep off of medications. IN any event, keeping tabs with fingersticks and keeping within normal ranges will avoid the microvascular damage that causes the horrendous complications of diabetes. I do know I've been hyperinsulinemic for the at least the last 6 years...a combination of PCOS and obesity.
Closed Thread