Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #16  

Well, think of it this way: if you were to lose all the extra weight in a couple of days, you wouldn't appreciate the end result and you'd probably gain it all back just as quickly. Working hard for it means you'll be much more satisfied once you reach your goal, and truly proud of yourself for doing such an amazing job. Your self esteem will get a major boost All great things in life require effort, that's how we know they're worth it!

Last edited by Natasha22; 05-21-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #17  
I want to feel better

S/C/G: 291.2/???/healthier

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

I feel the same way. I get impatient after a couple weeks also. I'm trying, this time, to not put as much emphasis on the amount of weight lost, and more emphasis on changing my lifestyle.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #18  
Feed the muscle

S/C/G: 225/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I wish I was 135lbs right now!! So yeah I completely feel you on this. And my weight loss is sloooooow. I just need to find patience. Working out and meditating is my saviour.
meltaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

I'm struggling terribly with this right now. I've had a bad couple of weeks (scale moving very, very slowly) and it's hard to stay motivated. Sometimes it feels hopeless. I don't have any advice, but you're not alone!!
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #20  
Dimply and Huge

S/C/G: 325/200

Height: 5'6

Default This

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseLo View Post
Yes! haha! Also, I want people notice straight away!! Like I lose 2lbs and I want everyone to think I look way skinnier already! Sometimes I have to tell them just for the compliments ahahaaa!!!
LOL, I struggle with this too. I've been changing my eating for 3 months and I expect everyone to see my weight loss (abt 18 pounds) and for the rest of the weight to come off immediately! Well, no one (except me) notices and it feels like it's going slower than ever. I was hoping to be down 50 lbs by now. But, I guess being down anything is better than being up anything. I think one thing we have to do is stop putting off life until we lose weight. That's a major contributing factor to wanting it all to disappear ASAP.
Resipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: See ticker!

Height: 5'0

I can totally relate. I have 160+ pounds left to go, and it's enough to make me want to give up when I think about it. So I find it helps to focus on the little goals. Like, when I'm 260 I'll be at the weight I was when I graduated High School 3 years ago, at 240 I'll be able to wear my many pairs of size 20 jeans again, 200 will be awesome, under 200 will be even more awesome, etc... Forgetting about the big goal and focusing on the smaller ones makes everything seem a bit more possible, and helps my patience!
Samantha18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:39 PM   #22  

This thread is just how i feel. Everyday i wish the weight was off now. Yet its not that easy, everyday you just gotta get up and try and make each day the best it can be.
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote