3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Ugh! No energy! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/259041-ugh-no-energy.html)

Thkdiff 05-14-2012 07:10 PM

Ugh! No energy!

Don't know what's going on, but I have had no energy for the last 4 days, don't feel sick, but head is groggy/tired. I have been working out 5x a week. Yesterday was mothers day, so I gorged on good food mostly, hence some m'n'ms, thought perhaps I was not eating enough carbs. Not TOM either. I have been upset lately with some personal issues, I could be emotionally worn out.

Do you folks have these days? And if you do, how do you re-energize yourself? Btw. Not much change on the scale, but feeling toned....lol...just need some sanity.

JohnP 05-14-2012 07:29 PM

As a full fledged caffeine addict I can tell you the solution for me is usually more coffee. :D

How many calories are you eating usually and how long have you been exercising for?

seagirl 05-14-2012 07:50 PM

I hydrate, go for walks and sleep.

Natasha22 05-14-2012 09:53 PM

Whenever I feel worn out I just try to take some time off and relax, not just physically, but rest my mind as well. How about a warm bubble bath, aromatherapy or maybe even going to get a massage? Drink more water and try to stay away from sweets for a while, because while the sugar gives you a momentary boost of energy it can leave you feeling tired.

Thkdiff 05-14-2012 11:14 PM

Well I don't count calories, I'm going to guess between 1200-1500 a day. Perhaps I should up the caffeine trick, but don't want to get jittery.

Thkdiff 05-14-2012 11:15 PM

You are right. I perhaps need to relax more!

Thkdiff 05-14-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellieUp (Post 4333315)
It happens to me all the time and took a while for me to isolate why. If I am good on my diet then I eat proportions and usual foods and my body reacts as anticipated so I am able to add or prolong exercises as it feels right.

If I vary a bit when it comes to 'normalcy', then my body tries to adjust - whether it's digesting leftover food all night long or just whacked due to the quick metabolized sugars. In any event I have that tired feeling, unless I eat more, which I do not want to do.

I suggest drinking plenty of water to help your body get back to normalcy, staying on the diet and easing up on the rigorous exercises and you might find you are not so tired while doing the usual activities in due time.

Stress also can raise metabolism and if you are not compensating (with added nutrients) then all the fuel will be burned up (but not enough to burn fat) which will give you that tired feeling, not to mention the blahs.

That's how it works with me anyway. :p

Thanks I'll give it a try. :)

JohnP 05-14-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thkdiff (Post 4333498)
Well I don't count calories, I'm going to guess between 1200-1500 a day. Perhaps I should up the caffeine trick, but don't want to get jittery.

You skipped the exercise component of the question. My guess based on the calories would be you're over doing the exercise and/or mentally taxed or perhaps you're just trying to do too much too fast.

I don't think energy levels can easily be accounted for with a single factor but often times they are fixed by changing a single one. Short term stressors are easy for our bodies to handle but repeatedly stressing the body and it sometimes cannot so easily recover.

How is that for a generic answer? :D

Thkdiff 05-14-2012 11:45 PM

Oops sorry! I workout at least 5x a week. 3x body strengthing and cardio at least an hour a day. Just got a personal trainer, it's sink or swim this time. I am toning not losing much weight, but perhaps over doing it ..or just getting frustrated too soon. Yes I need patience and serenity :)

JohnP 05-15-2012 02:17 AM

Sustainability is crucial. Sounds like you might be going after it a little too hard on too few calories. Maybe not though. If you want to find out - take a week and only go light cardio for no more than 30 minutes maximum 3x in a week.

bronzeager 05-15-2012 02:51 AM

Calorie counting/tracking food really helps me in figuring out whether it's my diet that could be causing spells like this, or something else. I found out this way that really low carbs probably aren't right for me.

Also if you changed your workout at all -- sometimes it's change in a workout that didn't seem like a lot of effort at the time, but resulted in muscle fatigue/dragging a couple of days later. Last week I did a run of Jillian workout tapes, which I don't do very often, but I had to stay in the house on days that I usually go to the gym. Even though the workout doesn't seem hard at all compared to when I started, and I wasn't sore at all, two days later I was going, "Man, why can't I move my legs on my run today?"

You could also check your cycle, or external things like hay fever/allergies. Sometimes it's just fine skipping the workout for a day or to, although for me it's better to do the workout but an easier one in terms of keeping up the routine.

pucedaisy 05-15-2012 11:34 AM

Just throwing this in there- I don't know where you live, but here in the Mid-Atlantic, allergies have been terrible. I was feeling really groggy and thick headed, and couldn't figure out why- I don't usually get seasonal allergies. I guess with all the early warm weather, it's been a perfect storm for everything to bloom and shed pollen. Of course I have no idea if this applies to you, it's just a thought.

Thkdiff 05-15-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pucedaisy (Post 4334070)
Just throwing this in there- I don't know where you live, but here in the Mid-Atlantic, allergies have been terrible. I was feeling really groggy and thick headed, and couldn't figure out why- I don't usually get seasonal allergies. I guess with all the early warm weather, it's been a perfect storm for everything to bloom and shed pollen. Of course I have no idea if this applies to you, it's just a thought.

You might be right, it could perhaps be allergies, no other explanation so far.