3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Proud of myself! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/258400-proud-myself.html)

mimsyborogoves 05-04-2012 11:00 PM

Proud of myself!

I went to a Japanese steak house tonight where they cook the food in front of you. I did really well, and I'm proud of myself! I ordered steamed rice instead of fried, and honestly I just dipped out what looked like somewhere between a half cup and a cup of rice out of the bowl, and it barely made a dent! How many servings are actually in that bowl?! and to think I usually eat it all =/

But anyway, I portioned everything out, got my salad dressing on the side, the works and I was so happy I could control myself! I'm even more happy that I have a bangin' meal to have for lunch tomorrow. SCORE.

Just had to share this with y'all! ^_^

Riddy 05-04-2012 11:32 PM

You go, girl! Eating out becomes so much more fun when you realize you can do it, and not wreck your plan!

Liliann 05-05-2012 12:33 PM

:bravo: On your self control on a fast food dinning..Keep it going!!

WildThings 05-05-2012 01:37 PM

Ooh, Japanese steak house sounds so good. You showed way more control than I'm afraid I would have. I do agree with you on the rice, the portions are huge! I wouldn't want to even try to figure out the calories for eating the whole thing...which is what I generally do. I have found some decent homemade substitutes though for Japanese steak house foods. Not quite the same, but like I said, I don't have a lot of self-control.

SJKduke 05-05-2012 02:04 PM

I love going to the Japanese steak house! I usually try to get white rice steamed instead of fried. That helps with the calories, and I definitely don't eat as much of it.

shapedself 05-05-2012 02:32 PM

Outstanding job OP; I wish I was diligent when I eat out.

gardend1va 05-05-2012 03:55 PM

It is so much harder to do portion control while in a restaurant, surrounded by delicious foods in large quantities. Great job on the self control!

KittyKatFan 05-05-2012 05:42 PM

Well done! It is very hard to be good in restaurants.

SunshineCA 05-05-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves (Post 4321361)
I went to a Japanese steak house tonight where they cook the food in front of you. I did really well, and I'm proud of myself! I ordered steamed rice instead of fried, and honestly I just dipped out what looked like somewhere between a half cup and a cup of rice out of the bowl, and it barely made a dent! How many servings are actually in that bowl?! and to think I usually eat it all =/

But anyway, I portioned everything out, got my salad dressing on the side, the works and I was so happy I could control myself! I'm even more happy that I have a bangin' meal to have for lunch tomorrow. SCORE.

Just had to share this with y'all! ^_^

I LOVE Japanese cuisine! Congratulations on making wise choices! Dining out is truly an art! ;)

Arctic Mama 05-05-2012 06:33 PM

Great job! Teppanyaki restaurants are tough for me, too, but picking one or two foods I really love there and going light on the stuff I overeat on (like rice) is very helpful for me, too.

linJber 05-05-2012 07:34 PM

Great job! Isn't it amazing when we realize how much we would actually eat if we think of a restaurant serving as a portion? You did a fabulous job at keeping things under control.

Lin