3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Weight is not budging, the scale or me? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/258190-weight-not-budging-scale-me.html)

serendipity907 05-02-2012 03:48 AM

Weight is not budging, the scale or me?

I'm at the end of my third week of a calorie counting plan and I haven't lost any weight. My clothes don't feel any loser either.

I typically eat very similar things every day, so I will list what I eat and maybe someone can offer some advice since I'm stumped :)

Breakfast-
Cereal and almond milk totaling 200 cals. (Weighed)

Lunch-
Steamed head of broccoli-100 cals
Vegetarian lasagne - 300 cals

Snacks-
Greek yoghurt - 150 cals
Banana- 100 cals
Pineapple- 120 cals

Snacks if running that day-
Lucozade sport lite- 50 cals
Random snack like tbsp of PB/few pieces of choccy - 100 cals

Dinner-
Steamed head of broccoli- 100 cals
Cheese/broccoli/potato bake -250 cals

And I also only really drink water!

I then also run/jog 3 miles about 4 (Sometimes a bit more) times a week. I've been doing this for 3 weeks now and there doesn't appear to be any change. I realise I'm not very big but I definitely have plenty of spare weight to lose. I feel like I'm doing everything right, but I struggle with any weight loss so much nowadays (Actually losing it, not sticking to my plan) :(

I feel really good on this plan but I'm getting quite disappointed with results.

shapedself 05-02-2012 09:44 AM

Double-check your daily calorie intake and burn to make sure you're actually at a deficit. If you are, it's just extra water weight that will flush out in time. Congratulate yourself on diligently sticking with the plan.

LockItUp 05-02-2012 10:35 AM

Definitely double check calories. But if that's accurate, just give it time. If you are in a deficit you WILL lose weight (unless there's a medical issue of some kind). Have you considered weight training? Since you don't really have much extra weight, that will certainly help with your physique!

As a side note, not necessarily having anything to do with your weight loss...how much protein per day are you getting? Just from a glance it looks very low. I'm guessing you are a vegetarian, but is there any way to get in more protein?

KatMarie 05-02-2012 10:52 AM

My last 20 pounds were very hard to lose. I'm like you, I stayed on plan every single day. Worked out moderately every single day. And sometimes the weight wouldn't move for a month. But, it eventually did. The last 3 months I was only losing 2-3 pounds a month. But, I started running a lot more and toning, so I know I'm building up muscle in these last few months. I was only eating about 1200 calories a day and lots of protein. I'm not telling you to drop your calories that low though. I'm 42 and been calorie counting for 2 years to lose the weight...I had to drop my calories. Oh I started weight lifting and that helped. I got some dumbells...ten pounders and 20 pounders. And I started running at a steep incline in 2 minute spurts, jog 1 minute then 2 minute run.

serendipity907 05-02-2012 03:04 PM

Yup my portions and calories are definitely accurate, i weigh the necessaries like cereal which is easy to pour too much of, and most of the rest is labeled/portioned.

Yeah I am, for the main meals listed I should be getting about 45g of protein. Some days I eat slightly more protein filled foods like beans and cheese etc. I don't think that's terribly low? but I'm not a protein expert :)

The only reason I don't feel tempted to give up is that then I really won't lose weight, and will probably carry on gaining. But I really want to see a loss! :( I thought that when you initially start a diet you're supposed to drop some initial weight quite quickly, at least I always have done before.

The reason I can happily stick to running is because I love it, I see the difference weight lifting makes on peoples bodies and wish I didn't find it so totally boring.

freelancemomma 05-02-2012 03:06 PM

I'm pretty confident that you will start seeing losses if you keep doing what you're doing. Keep us posted!

F.