3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Feeling unaccomplished (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/258104-feeling-unaccomplished.html)

LeilaJey 05-01-2012 06:00 AM

Feeling unaccomplished

I've lost 16lbs since the end of February and now I'm pretty much back to where I was this time last year. Although I'm not sure exactly because even though I weighed myself sometimes I seem to have blocked out the numbers. I also did this during my weight gain, I was in total denial :D

I was really happy at first fitting into my old trousers but now I just feel like 'oh great, still fat, just as fat as I used to be'. I'm really determined to lose more now, so it's not that I've lost steam as such but does anybody else have this feeling? I just feel like I haven't really achieved anything after all.

Angelsmom 05-01-2012 06:52 AM

I totally feel like that! I look at myself and still see fat, maybe more than before I lost the weight. I have to try on my old pants to convince myself I actually DID lose weight. It's a little sad that we lose weight and somehow feel fatter or still the same as before :(

VermontMom 05-01-2012 06:56 AM

There must be some terrible mental germ going around!! because yesterday I was all boo-hoo to me about the exact same thing. I should at least be proud that I'm smaller than I was at this time last year, but I'm not. Just seeing what there is to still lose.

I don't know what to tell you guys, except I'm down on myself too. :(

shapedself 05-01-2012 10:57 AM

Go grab two gallons of milk; that's about 18 pounds.

Volschika007 05-01-2012 11:22 AM

I definitely feel this too. Some old pants are fitting, but I swear I think my face is chubbier than it was at this same weight previously. Its possible last time I was this weight I was still growing so maybe my face shape is just different, but I don't remember having as much of a double chin or as wide of a face last time I was this weight. I might fit into my old clothes, but I don't think I look the same. Maybe I just need to do more lifting and get better toned. Idk. But I'm just gonna keep going and hope I start to actually like what I see instead of just being happy that the number on the scale is smaller.

Iyakamae 05-01-2012 02:03 PM

I'm six weeks in and at week 4, I felt miserable. I wanted to eat everything I saw, I didn't want to exercise, I was just plain upset.

...but now, I am feeling a little better, I think that there are going to be times when you just feel like your spinning your wheels, with no sense of accomplishment, but think about how far you've come, how far you'll go if you stick with it and how good you'll feel once you get to where you want to be.

Good luck, I am sure that you'll get past this hurdle, just take each day as it comes and remember that this change is forever, not just for today, tomorrow or next week.

LeilaJey 05-01-2012 06:06 PM

It's weird how our brains don't catch up. Not sure how to combat this really but I did take some pictures the other day in my undies and let it all hang out. When I looked at them I was surprised that my stomach didn't protrude as much as I think it does. I'd at least recommend that.

I haven't seen a lot of my friends that live in the city I used to live in for the past year but I'll be visiting this month and I'm worried that I'm bigger than I was when I left. Eugh.

Vermont: We're the same height and you're the weight I want to be so you must look awesome, don't be silly :D I just noticed we started at the same weight too. Hope you're doing ok.

Elladorine 05-01-2012 06:20 PM

I totally get that. I gained back over 20 pounds last fall/winter, and started this up again in March. I've only lost about half of that since then, and feel like I'm getting nowhere (especially since I lost nearly all the weight in the first month and almost none in the second, despite putting forth just as much effort). I caught my reflection in a particularly unflattering mirror while shopping the other day and felt like giving up . . . why bother if I'm still so fat after so much hard work? But I gave myself a pep talk a little later. ;)

Any loss is good. Any maintenance is good. It's so much better than the alternative! Sometimes our brains just can't process that properly, even when we know better. Time is going to pass anyway, so we might as well do what we can to work towards our goals and become healthier. :)

Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

SweetScrumptious 05-01-2012 06:41 PM

I've been "focused" on losing weight for the past year. I have been THE SAME weight from when I "started" just over a year ago. I may think I'm staying on plan, but obviously I'm not. I think I just realized my mistakes (that's how people learn) and right now, I'm more determined than ever!

LeilaJey 05-02-2012 05:26 AM

Elladorine: You look amazing! It's true, it's better than gaining. I guess I just felt like I failed by gaining in the last year. Thanks :)

SweetScrumptious: Learning from your mistakes is great.. have you tried keeping a food journal? good luck, you can do it!