Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

View Poll Results: Think you could ever live with being fat?
Never, I've always wanted to lose weight 20 24.10%
Sometimes, but I know I could never be happy being fat forever 49 59.04%
Frequently, but I go a few days/weeks before realizing I don't want to live like this 11 13.25%
All the time, I love eating food and exercising is just not my thing 3 3.61%
Always, why bother exercising?? I don't even know why I'm on this site!! 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #16  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Ahhh yeah the other day when I was really tired I though "screw it, I'll just eat crap all the time and be fat" because eating nice food is easy but being fat isn't.

Overall I must have been convincing myself of this even though I wasn't happy.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #17  
MUST COMMIT!!

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'9

The funny thing is that i've never understood why it's so easy to gain weight but so hard to lose it... then a few days ago, i read an article that used a metaphor about money. 'it's a lot easier to spend money than to earn it'

Likewise, I didn't become 230 pounds in a week, so there's absolutely no way I can lose it all in a week...

Keep sharing guys!
reallystruggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallystruggling View Post
Have you ever just sat there and tried to convince yourself that you could live with being fat??

After countless diets, never successfully losing weight and being the 'fat one' for so long, I've tried to just tell myself that 'you love food too much, what's the point in trying to fight it?'

I was just wondering if anyone else had these thoughts before or is it just me?

BTW, I've just recently decided I want to lose 100 pounds by June, 2013 and I'm really looking for a buddy!! Please PM me if you're at all interested!
I remember even along my weightloss journey I'd convince myself that being overweight is not a huge problem and you know what, if I were 50 I'd think my body is amazing. But I'm not. I'm 20. And I don't want to rob myself of my beautiful youth, I want to be able to run around in a bikini with confidence, I want to be able to put on an outfit and not struggle to hide fat, I want to smile and take pictures without turning to the side or at a certain angle. This is my peak and I want to take full advantage of it.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/220/130

Height: 5'3

ReallyStruggling, I totally know how you feel. I have the same goals so if you need a buddy I need one too. I'm so new to this forum I can't figure out how to PM though.
Murrishmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #20  
MUST COMMIT!!

@Murrishimo

I just tried to PM you, but it said that you've chosen not to receive PMs !!! What's up with that??? You really need to fix that if we're gonna be buddies!!

but ANYWAYYYYYY

Hey!!

I'm Annie, I'm 17 and I would love to be your buddy!!

Do want to just communicate using 3FC and PM each other once a day??

btw, to reply to this, just click the 'reply with quote' button on the bottom right

-so glad you're looking for a buddy!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 220/220/130

Height: 5'3

I just posted something in the help forum because I went to options and I didn't see anything about private messages.

I'm glad you need a buddy too! I'm 28, and I weighed less than 130 pounds until I turned 25 and suddenly I stopped dieting and exercising for various reasons and now I'm 220 pounds! So I want to lose the 100 and get back to exercising every day which is what I used to love.

I'd be happy to support you and help you do the same
Murrishmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

None of the poll options really describe my thoughts. I have been overweight nearly all of my life, and nearly all of my life I've tried to diet, but it wasn't like I put my life on hold to do it (at least once I realized that doing so was a bad idea).

I've come to realize that being fat isn't the worst thing in the world, and I don't really care one way or another about my actual weight. If I could be active, healthy, and feel great - I don't care what the number on the scale is or isn't.

In fact, that's why my weight loss "this time" isn't so much my goal as a side effect of eating well and being more active. Sure it's nice to see a slimmer me in the mirror, but the feeling great and being able to do more of the active things I like to is the real reward. And the number is almost completely incosequential (except to the small part of my psyche that has absorbed the cultural obsession with the number).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #23  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallystruggling View Post
I've tried to just tell myself that 'you love food too much, what's the point in trying to fight it?'
I love food too. This is a big reason why I intermittent fast.

This weekend I fasted Saturday until about 6:00 PM and had a very large dinner ... probably around 2500 calories. Sunday I ate a lot ... no clue on the calories but probably went over 4000 for the day. Today I am going to be fasting again all day until dinner which will be around 800 calories.

Thus - the total for the three days is around 7500. My maintinence calories for a day is around 2700-2800. Thus for the three days I'll have actually been in a small deficit but I really enjoyed Saturday evening and Sunday.

Just something to think about. You can be skinny and love to eat food ... you just can't eat whatever you want, whenever you want.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

This sounds kinda sad but I went to a highshool full of overweight people and I was never the largest one in the class and so I took comfort in that. I was fine with the way I looked, although I did at some point feel sad that I couldn't fit in that little cute sundress some girls could fit into. I've had people call me fat, but I didn't care because it was usually my family or relatives. I thought a little meat on my bones wouldn't hurt and the last thing I wanted to be is a skeleton walking around. Besides the clothes factor, I was really comfortable in my own skin. My main reason for losing weight at this point has to do with concerns of my health detoriating in the future if I don't do something about it now.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #25  
MUST COMMIT!!

@Bloopers, I surprisingly agree. I didn't go to a high school with a ton of kids and specific cliques. My school was small and I never EVER got bullied for my weight. But now I realize that the rest of the world will certainly not be as kind, and I need to start dropping the pounds not for others, but for myself this time.

Last edited by reallystruggling; 04-30-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #26  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I can't say I've always wanted to lose weight--it had never been a big concern for me--but I just can't afford being fat, for health reasons, so I just have to deal with it. I tell myself that at least I have a choice; it's not as if I had, say, diabetes, and it was really a serious matter... but I also know that if I cover my eyes and go with the old "having some meat on my bones isn't such a big deal", I could very well end up with such health disorders. Not to mention my stupid Facto V Leiden problem, and if I don't control my weight, it's likely going to be bam-thrombosis-shazam! in some not-so-far future. So yeah. My health matters too much to me to convince myself that I could live with being fat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Just something to think about. You can be skinny and love to eat food ... you just can't eat whatever you want, whenever you want.
So true. Tell you what, I love food too. (What can I say, I'm French, it's in my blood. ) But one thing I derived from healthier eating is the desire to eat GOOD food. All in all, it evens out in the end: I don't feel like eating as much as before precisely because I allow myself to eat really tasty food at times, and so I feel satisfied. No more processed, junky ersatz! I want the real deal, the *good* deal!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote