3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Need a reboot (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/257989-need-reboot.html)

cb1 04-30-2012 12:03 AM

Need a reboot

So.... about two years ago I lost 13 lbs..... and I managed to keep it off until a few months ago.... I wasn't at my goal weight, but I was happy that I had lost that 13 lbs and managed to continue to eat healthy enough to keep it off, because I told myself that maintaining was better than giving up and gaining. But we had a death in the family, and a few months ago and I just lost control and was under so much stress. Really that is all excuses, because I know stress doesn't make me eat, it's something I choose, but I did it anyway and now I'm back up to 193. All that hard work maintaining is down the drain! Now I feel lost as far as dieting, we're still dealing with the aftermath of losing a loved one and it's been a real struggle for me to get back on track with eating. I find myself reaching for comfort foods and chocolate instead of what I was eating the past two years (fruits and veggies). :( I guess there is nowhere to go from here except to suck it up and deal with it!

Misa66 04-30-2012 04:20 AM

Starting the "dieting" process is always the hardest part, although to me it sounds more like you need to get back into the healthy lifestyle. Just take it one day at a time, if we look at it like "oh! It will be weeks/month before I lose this weight" of course it seems impossible :( start a new day and a new you with a healthy meal and when you feel like craving the bad food as hard as it is, just stop yourself. Its easy to say but omg it's the hardest thing because I still struggle with it. I myself am a chocoholic so when I absolutely HAVE to have it, I buy the bags of mini Dove 1 inch chocolate squares and eat 2 or 3 of those, at first I wanted to finish the whole bag but realizing that eating more of them won't actually taste better is what stops me. It's about quality not quantity. I'm sure you can lose those 13lb and more! :) this site is of great help<3

Volschika007 04-30-2012 01:34 PM

I went through a similar situation last year. I ended up with a huge kidney stone and a stent in b/c of it. I had lost down to 202, but when I had the kidney stone attack I never felt good enough to exercise. I had an infection so I had to just deal with the kidney stone for several months until a minor surgery could be scheduled. During that time I was in so much pain that I was eating anything that made me feel better and moving as little as possible. Even after the surgery and pain was relieved I couldn't break the bad habits - it was nice eating whatever I wanted. Before I realized how bad I was really being I had gained all the way up to 226. Last summer I started counting calories and it's taken me this whole time but I'm finally back at 202. Thinking of how bad I was eating just makes me feel sick now. Eating really bad was making me feel bad in itself even without the weight gain. The only thing that got me back on track was to take eating one day at a time. Do the best I could everyday and not let whatever happened the previous day effect what I did the coming days. If you screw up once don't let it lead to several more screw ups. I'm so sorry for the loss in your family. I know its hard and just adds to the stress of trying to maintain and lose weight again, but you can do it!! Just remember how it felt to be the lower weight and how you were happy with yourself and use that as motivation. You've done it before, you can definitely do it again!