Little exercise but I still think I'm losing?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I haven't been back to the gym since I've been back from Disney, so basically a week and a half. I'm still counting calories, but some of my days have been over? Anyway, I still think I'm losing because my clothes fit better..but I'm TERRIFIED to weigh myself right now. I don't think I met my May challenge. But..is it okay if I don't weigh myself for like a week or 2 when I go back to the gym? And can you still lose if you're doing nothing vigorous, really?
  • There are many people that lose without doing exercise at all. If you are still eating at a deficit, you would still lose weight, exercise or not.
  • What WildThings said. You can still lose as long as you are creating a calorie deficit. But you should get back to exercising as soon as you can, it'll make you much healthier.
  • Dieting for weight loss and exercise for fitness...and some weight loss haha. In the beginning I wasn't really doing any exercise for a while because I was on steroids/antibiotics and every time I did anything my heart would start to race and wouldn't slow down for ages. So I just cut out desserts/chocolate and ate better and I lost weight consistently. These days I'm just exercising because I want to tone up and be healthy as well.

If you feel like your clothes fit better and you're feeling good then that's what's important. It's not all about the number on the scale. So go back to the gym and continue what you're doing good luck.
  • Quote:
    Dieting for weight loss and exercise for fitness...and some weight loss haha.
    THIS...I lost a majority of my weight without working out at the gym. Just controlled my food intake better. But you should exercise and tone up So hit the gym again if you can. Good luck
  • I lost weight--about twenty pounds with just dieting alone before I started exercising. I imagine the weightloss would have continued either way. I find that exercising makes me feel better AND look better than just dieting. Also, it makes me stay focused on my game too.
  • Ditto to what everyone said. Dieting is for weight loss. If you're eating at a deficit then you will lose. You SHOULD exercise, but you don't have to.

On the opposite side of what everyone here has been saying, I DIDN'T lose weight despite exercising like crazy because I ate too much.
  • Yep, like people above me said, if there is calorie deficit, you lose weight. Even if you don't exercise at all.
    So be happy! But still exercise, you can lose even more weight like that and you'll feel great after exercise (most of the time). (:
  • Ive lost 25 pounds so far with minimal strenuous excercise. I do try to walk more and do 2-3 30 min zumba sessions a week. As of now the weight is coming off without it, but soon enough I'm sure ill have to add more exercise into my schedule to see a loss without lowering my calorie threshold.
  • I've read that it's 75% diet and 25% exercise and it seems to be right for me. If you eat less, you will lose weight. If you exercise, you will look better once you've lost it. :P It will also give you the illusion that you're eating more on the days when you exercise, it will help your metabolism and help you lose fat instead of muscles and water... So, it's pretty important, but not necessary for weight loss.
  • Get on that scale!
  • For me not getting on the scale = denial = weight gain. Just do it. And get yourself to the gym, not because you "should", but because you'll feel so much better if you do. ((hugs))
  • Woo! So I didn't gain. I lost 2 pounds actually. I'm at 216. I'm not gonna reach the goal of 212-210 by May 1st, but I feel better knowing I didn't gain. I just had a great work out too <3 So wee!
  • I've been kinda slacking for the past couple weeks myself; my free gym trial ran out and my school's gym facilities sucked, so I was just biding my time til I graduated. I'm going gym hunting tomorrow and I just went grocery shopping with my mom to get healthy snacks so I can get back on track. Amazingly enough, I haven't lost a whole lot over the past 2 weeks, but I haven't gained either. I've been hovering between 215 and 217, so I just picked 216 as a nice middle ground, lol. Seems like you and me are going at just about the exact same rate!

PS: I'm stealing your weight loss ticker, lol. XD
  • KASSIEBBY....I thought about you this week and noticed you hadn't posted in a few days. Great to know you're still on track. Yes, you can lose weight without exercising and sometimes the break helps your body. BUT, get back on track...exercise will keep you focused and help you tone so that when you reach goal all of your dazzling muscles will show