3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   my visual motivator (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/257853-my-visual-motivator.html)

peachiee77 04-27-2012 11:51 PM

my visual motivator

So I'm a visual person..I need to see things to understand them and for them to make sense to me. Turns out this also goes for weight loss and motivation as well!

So I thought I would share on here what I'm doing! I bought a couple vaes from the dollarstore and some sticky letters and labelled them "lbs to go" and "lbs gone" I put enough rocks in the "lbs to go" vase to be equal to one rock per lb i need to lose and as I lose I transfer the rocks over to the "lbs gone" vase...I know it may sound silly, but it's a visual reminder of my progress and if I start to slack, it's something that I'll see and want to get back to! it's all about the brain trickery for me! haha

ok, so I was going to post a picture of it, but it won't let me...my post count isnt high enough.. :(

Anyways, that's the gist and maybe it will help someone else get motivated! If you wanna see it feel free to pm me and I could tell you where you could see it!!

15 down, 92 to go..!!! :)

ElociN2392 04-28-2012 12:07 AM

Love this! Such a good idea, I might steal your idea, or parts of it anyway. :)

Good job on the 15 down so far! Keep up to awesome work! :)

hazyl 04-28-2012 12:24 AM

hey this idea is awesome! I would like to try as well. Actually I love to see myself fit in pretty dresses. So every time it motivates me if I manage to fit into the dress I like. :)

mariposssa 04-28-2012 12:59 AM

That is cool!! I am a visual person, too. I made a weight loss ticker from bead and wire to hang in the bathroom above the scale. I slide the number of pounds lost across sort of like an abacus and then I have a little flower clip that marks my current spot between the beads.

sunshauna 04-28-2012 01:15 AM

Love these idea's! Such a great way to have a constant reminder.

hatgirlie 04-28-2012 06:48 AM

What a clever idea! Love it, and congrats on the 15 lb loss!

toastedsmoke 04-28-2012 08:22 AM

That's such a creative idea! And decorative too! Congrats on the 15lbs! :carrot: :carrot:

redbird92 04-28-2012 09:07 AM

that's awesome! i love the idea of being able to make your weight loss tangible. congrats on a great start to your diet

peachiee77 05-18-2012 04:04 PM

well since I can now post pictures, I wanted to show you what my visual motivator looks like!

Here it is:
http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws...38016265_7.jpg

It's actually really working - I love it!!!

Thistleberry 05-18-2012 04:17 PM

I've been doing this since I started. It really is a great visual reminder! My vases are tall and curvy (I thought they sort of artistically represented the female form) so it's nice and easy to see the difference between the two. It was strange once I passed the 50% mark. Mine aren't labeled so I had to keep reminding myself that the less full vase was the lbs lost. :lol:

LeilaJey 05-18-2012 04:59 PM

That looks great! I've been thinking about doing this, I just need to find some vases or glasses. The glasses I have are too small for the many many rocks I'll have :D

alaskanlaughter 05-18-2012 05:04 PM

thats a really good idea....im a very visual person and learner also...i might have to create something like that...i would love to collect pebbles from our beaches or something for it...my weight loss is soooo slow that i often feel like i'm going nowhere, but at least not gaining lol...but very very slowly it creeps downward

some days i'll look in the mirror and realize that i've actually lost alot of weight...once i compared photos of my face at 230 pounds and now at 195 pounds and was shocked...but mostly i feel like i look Exactly The Same as before any weight loss...which i understand is a head game and not reality but still...

shapedself 05-18-2012 05:26 PM

Creative idea OP, hope it keeps helping you.

scarletlily23 05-18-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peachiee77 (Post 4311231)
So I'm a visual person..I need to see things to understand them and for them to make sense to me. Turns out this also goes for weight loss and motivation as well!

So I thought I would share on here what I'm doing! I bought a couple vaes from the dollarstore and some sticky letters and labelled them "lbs to go" and "lbs gone" I put enough rocks in the "lbs to go" vase to be equal to one rock per lb i need to lose and as I lose I transfer the rocks over to the "lbs gone" vase...I know it may sound silly, but it's a visual reminder of my progress and if I start to slack, it's something that I'll see and want to get back to! it's all about the brain trickery for me! haha

ok, so I was going to post a picture of it, but it won't let me...my post count isnt high enough.. :(

Anyways, that's the gist and maybe it will help someone else get motivated! If you wanna see it feel free to pm me and I could tell you where you could see it!!

15 down, 92 to go..!!! :)

I'm doing this exact same thing! I have 26 little glass pebbles in my 'pounds lost' vase and 88 in my 'to go' vase. It's great. I love seeing the pebbles pile up (ha! instead of the pounds piling on!)

Mountain Mamma 05-18-2012 05:32 PM

What a great idea! Something we used 6 years ago when we had a Weight Watcher group at work - (maybe all chapters do this) - we made paperclip chains, and it was motivating because I hung mine on my cubical wall over my computer & could see it all the time. Of course, we got very fussy - the color of each plastic clip is so important when you know the work that goes into each pound! (And more than once I removed a clip & threw it across the desk. :tantrum:)

Pretty simple minded, which must be why it appealed to me ;) yet motivating & I was just thinking of doing that again. Now where did I put those plastic paper clips . . . or maybe I'll head out to the $ store for some vases . . .