Your'e strange comfort food?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • So funny enough, my comfort food used to be bread and potato chips and now its not..In fact its these little cough candies called HALLS..the flavour is extra-strenght menthol-lyptus...Dont know why..but i got hooked on these when i got sick with a sore throat and cant seem to give them up..it feels like a warm hug for your mouth!!! I could suck on those all night long..

You? Whats yours?
  • I have a friend that we have to watch when she gets sick, cuz she totally gets addicted to the cough drops. I wonder if there's something to that? I'm a pasta kinda girl.
  • If we're talking healthy foods My newest addiction is romaine lettuce leaves. I spritz the wish bone salad spritzers on them and it is amazing. I love the Balsamic Breeze It's my new late night /movie snack. It just seems to satisfy my munchies.
  • My strange, un-healthy comfort food is grits and ground meat. My mama made that growing up and it makes everyone I know go but I love it.
    She would make a cajun spaghetti sauce with ground meat and put that over grits. Woowee, talk about some warm tummy lovin'!
    I didn't know that was culinary weirdness until jr. high school when a friend spent the night and I announced we were having that for supper. She thought my mama was the meanest thing on two feet to serve that.
    We also ate cornbread, milk and sugar but I didn't take that affinity to adulthood. Oogs me out now.

Healthy comfort food would have to be raw bell peppers. Crunchtastic.
  • Strange comfort food? Probably a seared slab of ribeye. That melty animal fat, crisp crust and juicy, tender goodness gets me every time.

I can also eat malt powder straight with a spoon. Both of these were foods I loved growing up, and are heavenly to indulge in. However I never do malt powder anymore, but I have ribeye once or twice a week. It's a budget splurge of mine, but very health promoting and satisfying (especially compared to the malt). I may have a malt at a restaurant some day, but that's about the extent of it. No redeeming health benefits, unlike a well prepared steak.
  • Whenever I'm feeling blah, I typically turn to a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Don't know why. It's not all that weird, but it's pretty much been my comfort food since I was a kid.
  • Velveeta shells & cheese - it's not really strange but I love it as a comfort food. When I'm sick, I do wonton soup, not chicken noodle - always.
  • Diet Coke. If I'm stressed as **** I start chugging it.
  • roasted red pepper hummus. Not bad for me in small quantities but I can easily eat over 1000 calories worth in one sitting. So not good either
  • it sounds disgusting, but when i was growing up, my stepdad would make a noodle/oyster/veggie spread to go on crackers. it looks and smells absolutely horrid, but to this day i crave it often. sooooo good, dont knock it till you try it!
  • Peaches n cream instant oatmeal with heavy whipping cream and butter... yumo!
  • I think that I ONLY like wierd food.
    Crusty bread-I love bread ends, and anything gooey. Melted cheap cheese, fluff, whipped cream, Nutella-anything cheap in a jar. Thats why a "letting go" isn't really a fancy nice dessert, I like it cheap and probably sitting on the shelf for a long time ugh.
    I also love anything that will spike my blood sugar up way high. Right now I want spaghetti with tons of meat sauce. And around -1-4 PM. after that its more managable, but around those times, I always think that I will go nutso. Then I chillax.
  • Quote: roasted red pepper hummus. Not bad for me in small quantities but I can easily eat over 1000 calories worth in one sitting. So not good either
    I am in love with hummus. Again anything that can be like goo in a jar AHHHHHHHH
  • NOM NOM NOM hummus with a pound of baby carrots used to be my healthy comfort food...its the crunch and the creamy mixed with the salty and sweet
  • For me it's Jif peanut butter. I absolutely love it and eat it every single day. sorry, natural and homemade can't compare.